User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I Adjusted my Dining Room Slideout

I’ve owned my 2021 Solitude 345 GK about 5 months now. I noticed that the dining room slideout was making a groove in the floor near each end of the slideout & also a brownish build up was happening in the same area on the floor. I watched the Lippert YouTube video on adjusting hydraulic slides & it stated that the difference between the tube with the teeth on it & the underside floor of the slide out should be within 1/4” along the length of the tube. The difference on my dining room & kitchen slides was about 3/4”. With the distance greater at the outside wall. Logic told me that if I wanted to keep the sled on the slideout from gouging the floor I needed to drop the outside even more than it was.

I called Lippert this morning & I was told to increase the outside distance very slightly by turning the adjusting bolt 1/4 turn counterclockwise to increase the distance slightly. I did this & the slide out floor no longer touches dining room floor. Lippert verified that the info in their manual about differences being the same was wrong. The key I was told is that the top of the slideout needs to contact the trailer first when putting the slideout in & that as long as the bottom has a gap no more than 2” it’s ok. My gap at the bottom is 3/4” & it seals well. I hope this helps others. Download the Lippert Manual for slideouts & follow the instructions except for keeping the distance equal. I’ll let you folks know how well this works for me.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USA in a Chevrolet View Post
    I’ve owned my 2021 Solitude 345 GK about 5 months now. I noticed that the dining room slideout was making a groove in the floor near each end of the slideout & also a brownish build up was happening in the same area on the floor. I watched the Lippert YouTube video on adjusting hydraulic slides & it stated that the difference between the tube with the teeth on it & the underside floor of the slide out should be within 1/4” along the length of the tube. The difference on my dining room & kitchen slides was about 3/4”. With the distance greater at the outside wall. Logic told me that if I wanted to keep the sled on the slideout from gouging the floor I needed to drop the outside even more than it was.

I called Lippert this morning & I was told to increase the outside distance very slightly by turning the adjusting bolt 1/4 turn counterclockwise to increase the distance slightly. I did this & the slide out floor no longer touches dining room floor. Lippert verified that the info in their manual about differences being the same was wrong. The key I was told is that the top of the slideout needs to contact the trailer first when putting the slideout in & that as long as the bottom has a gap no more than 2” it’s ok. My gap at the bottom is 3/4” & it seals well. I hope this helps others. Download the Lippert Manual for slideouts & follow the instructions except for keeping the distance equal. I’ll let you folks know how well this works for me.
    Any chance you have a link to the download?
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Any chance you have a link to the download?

The link is

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0001612.pdf
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did an adjustment on the dinette slide of my Momentum 394M this past summer. As the slide started in, the bottom of the slide would move about 6 inches before the top of the slide would move. This caused the slide to "bind" as it started in. My solution was to adjust the outward edge of the slide UP, so that it would not cock and bind up. Of course the hydraulic cylinder is at the bottom, under the slide, so with the slide being too low, it would bind. I did like 5 small increment adjustments, making sure that the leading edge of the slide was not rubbing or marring the floor inside the trailer. It operates perfectly now and I was pretty much sweating bullets while I was doing it, but extremely happy with the results when done.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    I did an adjustment on the dinette slide of my Momentum 394M this past summer. As the slide started in, the bottom of the slide would move about 6 inches before the top of the slide would move. This caused the slide to "bind" as it started in. My solution was to adjust the outward edge of the slide UP, so that it would not cock and bind up. Of course the hydraulic cylinder is at the bottom, under the slide, so with the slide being too low, it would bind. I did like 5 small increment adjustments, making sure that the leading edge of the slide was not rubbing or marring the floor inside the trailer. It operates perfectly now and I was pretty much sweating bullets while I was doing it, but extremely happy with the results when done.
    It is scary.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes