User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are looking to switch out our Curt 16K fifth wheel hitch.

We are looking to switch out our Curt 16K standard fifth wheel hitch for either a Demco Recon or a Pullrite 2400 Superlite. Has anyone used either of these hitches? I’m looking for any reviews positive or negative.
    Thanks

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a problem with the Curt?
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    Is there a problem with the Curt?
    No it’s just too heavy to take in and out of the bed. The Supelite only weights 52lbs total and the Demco is a two piece and each piece only weighs about 40lbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toots313 View Post
    No it’s just too heavy to take in and out of the bed. The Supelite only weights 52lbs total and the Demco is a two piece and each piece only weighs about 40lbs.
    The Curt can come out in 2 pieces
    Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL (White)
    Curt A16 Hitch, Turning Point Swivel Pin Box, set to Swivel, with Curt Wedge
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not used the PullRite SuperLite (though I currently use a PullRite OE 18K conventional hitch), but have pulled with an Andersen Ultimate (same concept with the ball and socket reversed). I have also owned a Demco Glide Ride pinbox. Here's what I can tell you: the ball and socket hitches are light and quiet. If you don't already have one, you'll need a dampened pinbox to deal with the chucking/bucking feeling (no noise) in the truck. Demco makes excellent products. The fact that their head is a conventional 5th wheel head will make it easier to hitch up than the SuperLite.

A third option would be the Goose Box. Lots of members have been very happy with them and there's nothing in the truck bed to deal with except the goose ball.

BTW - you can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Happy camping!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do know, but the head piece is still quite heavy and we are trying to find the lightest option that is still a quality hitch.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the information. None of the literature from the manufacturers mentioned we would have to change the pin box. We have the Turning Point Swivel Pin Box that came standard with our 5ver. My husband was really leaning towards the Pullrite, now we’ll have to really think on it.
    Also Thanks for the other information