Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dehumidifier

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dehumidifier

Looking to buy dehumidifier for 22mle which exterior length is just over 26 feet. Interior height according to GD web site is 6.5 feet. Not sure of interior width...maybe 8 feet. I would measure interior but RV is still at dealership for repairs. Ballpark 175-200 square feet. I did search archives of forum which revealed mostly large units. Neverthelss, good info. Any help and suggestions would be appreciated, thank you.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think most go with a higher capacity so emptying isn't happening as frequent. If you are in the trailer all the time and don't mind frequent emptying a smaller dehumidifier would be ok. Reviews are a dime a dozen on line so picking one out should take just a little reading time.

We have an early model and back then the AC used was Atwood. It has a dehumifdify setting that we will miss if the AC ever has to be replaced
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I think most go with a higher capacity so emptying isn't happening as frequent. If you are in the trailer all the time and don't mind frequent emptying a smaller dehumidifier would be ok. Reviews are a dime a dozen on line so picking one out should take just a little reading time.

We have an early model and back then the AC used was Atwood. It has a dehumifdify setting that we will miss if the AC ever has to be replaced
    Yep, a lot out there to choose from. thank you.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got the Pro Breeze Dehumidifier Small, 2200 Cubic Feet
    Only used it on our last trip for the first time. It worked OK I guess. Not bad but not to great. I'd give it 3.5 maybe 4 out of 5. It's compact and light though. I didn't have a humidity meter on hand to see how much of a difference it made.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    We got the Pro Breeze Dehumidifier Small, 2200 Cubic Feet
    Only used it on our last trip for the first time. It worked OK I guess. Not bad but not to great. I'd give it 3.5 maybe 4 out of 5. It's compact and light though. I didn't have a humidity meter on hand to see how much of a difference it made.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    I camp during the months of October, November & December. So I get some condensation on windows. Don't want to buy a large one, already have portable heater taking up floor space. I will keep looking. I appreciate the input, many thanks.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This doesn’t really answer your question, but maybe gives you an alternative. We use a fairly large Hisense dehumidifier , but only when parked in the storage garage. Are you looking for one to use while camping? When camping , I’ve found leaving the roof vents open slightly alleviates almost all the moisture.
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    This doesn’t really answer your question, but maybe gives you an alternative. We use a fairly large Hisense dehumidifier , but only when parked in the storage garage. Are you looking for one to use while camping? When camping , I’ve found leaving the roof vents open slightly alleviates almost all the moisture.
    Yes, while camping in October, November and December. I always utilize vents when showering (no matter the temp) and keep open as much as possible until it gets really cold. Thanks for your response.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We always set our bath vent/fan slightly open and running during showers. Moisture on mirrors can cause them to have laminate issues over time.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dooley View Post
    Looking to buy dehumidifier for 22mle which exterior length is just over 26 feet. Interior height according to GD web site is 6.5 feet. Not sure of interior width...maybe 8 feet. I would measure interior but RV is still at dealership for repairs. Ballpark 175-200 square feet. I did search archives of forum which revealed mostly large units. Neverthelss, good info. Any help and suggestions would be appreciated, thank you.
    We had a very tight travel trailer and found that at times we needed a portable dehumidifier. We found a small one that we used and it resolved the interior issues. For years we traveled with it and were always prepared. There are a number of 120 volts portable units on the market that work well. You can also check with small portable units on the consumer's guide or online.
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dooley View Post
    I camp during the months of October, November & December. So I get some condensation on windows. Don't want to buy a large one, already have portable heater taking up floor space. I will keep looking. I appreciate the input, many thanks.

We always keep 2 of these ceramic disk heaters in the camper... but rarely do we need not than one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JP4YCUG...710FT55V1GSGAD
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar