User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Propane XLS 22MLE Question

I’m trying to find out the answer to a question my wife sprung on me this evening, that came out of nowhere.

How long does the propane usually last for a GDI XLS 22MLE when dry-camping?

Estimates and approximates will help. Standard-issued propane tanks that come with the 22MLE.
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸
    2004 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Super-duty 6.0L (Bulletproofed 😁) 202k miles | 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE | Trailer Tires: Goodyear Endurance ‘D’ rated

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KGoesele View Post
    I’m trying to find out the answer to a question my wife sprung on me this evening, that came out of nowhere.

Estimates and approximates will help. Standard-issued propane tanks that come with the 22MLE.
    Until its gone.
    Seriously, there are way to many variables for anyone to say with any degree of reliability. You will likely get a lot of responses which will be worth exactly what you paid for them.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on many things... Refrigerator size (8 or 12 cu.ft.), cooking habits (oven or stove top), outdoor temps (cold weather or warm), hot water heater usage,...2 people showering each day or every other day. Best thing to do is upgrade to two 30lb tanks with automatic changeover valves and not worry about it.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our trip to Alaska a couple years ago we got almost 3 weeks on a 20lb tank. Refrigerator ran 24/7, hot water every other day for morning showers, minimal stove use as we mostly used a portable grill and outdoor stove with little green bottles. Occasional heat on shower morning. We ran with only one tank open so we would know when it was time to get a refill.
    Norb
    Upstate NY
    2020 Imagine 2800BH
    2013 Keystone Bullet 23BHS
    2015 Sportcraft AR-ONE 25BH

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya, like many have already said, too many variables. I can say that we just got back from a 15 day trip and went through 1 20lb plus about 20% of the other. We changed sites every other day, while traveling the fridge was on lp. Boondocked 3 of those days so fridge and water heater was on lp. Cooked supper every day and many lunch using lp. Furnace was on 14 of those night with a few where it came on a lot. Depending on outside temp and usage, it's not that bad. We also have the Mopeka tank sensors to help keep an eye on them.
    Hope this helps to give you an idea.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    Until its gone.
    Seriously, there are way to many variables for anyone to say with any degree of reliability. You will likely get a lot of responses which will be worth exactly what you paid for them.
    We received an answer. Thank you! My wife and I had to go to Bretz RV to pick-up a Bedspread that was supposed to come with our unit and my wife asked. Answer given: Dry-camping propane would last Three days.
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸
    2004 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Super-duty 6.0L (Bulletproofed 😁) 202k miles | 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE | Trailer Tires: Goodyear Endurance ‘D’ rated

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Ya, like many have already said, too many variables. I can say that we just got back from a 15 day trip and went through 1 20lb plus about 20% of the other. We changed sites every other day, while traveling the fridge was on lp. Boondocked 3 of those days so fridge and water heater was on lp. Cooked supper every day and many lunch using lp. Furnace was on 14 of those night with a few where it came on a lot. Depending on outside temp and usage, it's not that bad. We also have the Mopeka tank sensors to help keep an eye on them.

We have Two 30 Gal. tanks and we were informed from Bretz RV, where we purchased our trailer, Three days to be safe for boondocking. I have Honda generators to run a stand-up electric heater, instead of running the main heater. Thanks for your response, much appreciated.
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have Two 30 Gal. tanks and we were informed from Bretz RV, where we purchased our trailer, Three days to be safe for boondocking. I have Honda generators to run a stand-up electric heater, instead of running the main heater. Thanks for your response, much appreciated.
    If it gets below freezing, don't run an electric heater in lieu of the main furnace. The furnace is the only thing that heats the underbelly and utility areas and keeps your water utilities (pump, lines, etc.) from freezing.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post

Thank you, you have been very informative on all your replies to my newbie questions. My wife purchased a stand-up electric rotating heater, which she did a few years ago when we borrowed our friend’s 29’ Jayco. Saved on LP use immensely.
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, this is good to know. We have a house, so we will not be full-time on the road, and most likely nowhere in the Winter, unless we go visit our friend’s in AZ.
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast