User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replace 1 flooded group 27 wet cell battery with 2 group 31 AGM question

Hello All. I have a 2021 Reflection 260 RD 5th wheel and I want to replace 1 flooded group 27 wet cell battery with 2 group 31 AGM batteries. Do I need to change any settings on the controller or on any other equipment? Thanks for the help, John

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If it is the stock WFCO converter, there should be a manual for it in your stack of paper. I looked up the part on the GD parts page, and then went to WFCO and found one that seemed to be the same. You should find the manual, or the actual model number on the unit to make sure. The manual I looked at notes it is fine for either normal lead acid or AGM, with no changes needed. Some feel that this converter is on the low side of quality, and switch it out with a better one. I've no experience to draw on for that. Just note that by going bigger in battery size, and doubling them, will result in a much longer time to fully charge - more than double your current time.
    Last edited by sande005; 09-23-2021 at 10:56 PM.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm with @sande005. The stock Wfco converter/charger will work bit it's likely you'll be disappointed with the charge time. Something like the Progressive Dynamics PD9250 would be a definite improvement. I made this exact change when I replaced the original battery with a 200ah hybrid gel Renogy battery. More power and more intelligent charging modes vs the Wfyco. The PD9250 will fit in the same space the Wyfco is now.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000GASX9O...v_ov_lig_dp_it

2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey