Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @USA in a Chevrolet...Awesome! Thanks for the tp response!
    I am still searching for the DRW- I see some other also have SRW, but I think I would feel more comfortable pulling all this weight with the DRW. They appear to be difficult to find in South Alabama.
    Loving my Solitude 345GK-R
    Dodge Ram 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimibooks View Post

But there aren't many 345s out there; lots of 310s. We just liked the layout/design of the living/kitchen/pantry area more than the 310. (To each her own.) Even though 2 feet shorter than our previous Solitude, a 2014 369RL, it's heavier, which shows in the mileage. But we seem to do just fine with our SRW F-350.
    It was a close second. We originally looked at the 344 and when they swapped slide-outs with the 345, I was much happier. That's what we initially priced. We both liked the extra room and I liked the desk in case I decided to work part-time remote but my wife liked the windows and especially the larger couch. The other thing that swung us to the 310 was I didn't think my truck would have the payload with any options we were considering. The 345 added a couple of inches and some hitch weight to the 344 if I remember correctly.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    It was a close second. We originally looked at the 344 and when they swapped slide-outs with the 345, I was much happier. That's what we initially priced. We both liked the extra room and I liked the desk in case I decided to work part-time remote but my wife liked the windows and especially the larger couch. The other thing that swung us to the 310 was I didn't think my truck would have the payload with any options we were considering. The 345 added a couple of inches and some hitch weight to the 344 if I remember correctly.
    Have nearly the same truck as you do, but without the HO. The 344 and 345 I'm sure are similar pin weight.
    I don't have a washer/dryer, generator or even an aftermarket mattress (This WILL change next year), HAve two LiFePo batteries rather than the lead-acid (weight saver),
    I also installed a MORryde sliding tray and a pellet grill (green mountain tailgater) in the belly storage; adds a few pounds, but not too crazy.
    No firewood in the bed, use a Goosebox, so no hitch in the bed.

Below are my weights for FYI (CAT scale, loaded for camping):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trailer Weights.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	36969

If I were buying a truck for this trailer (or any Solitude) I'd strongly consider a DRW.
    2018 Solitude 344gk
    2021 Ram 3500 SRW

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second the recommendation for a DRW with a Solitude. I had a F350 SRW when we went looking for a new trailer. Looked at both Reflections and Solitudes. GD has very similar floorplans in each model. Told the wife she could have either one, but if she wanted a Solitude, we would need to get a new truck... She wanted the Solitude, so
    Greg and Colleen Gates
    Albuquerque, NM
    2020 Solitude 344 GK
    2019 F350 Lariat Superduty DRW

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bfs673 View Post
    If I were buying a truck for this trailer (or any Solitude) I'd strongly consider a DRW.
    At the time, I was still commuting in Boston rush hour traffic so I really wanted to stay SRW and there were simply no SRWs or DRWs (Ford or RAM) in the area. Wound up buying two states away, some options of which I would gladly trade for extra payload. That said, it is what it is for now.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we have a 345GKR recently purchased in Sept, 4 month wait on delivery. Exceptional trailer and had not been in one prior to purchase . We walked through the 310 but not the 345 so essentially ordered it based on videos and the layout plan . Love the extra room in the kitchen area and storage. Added full solar, lithium batteries , upgraded axles and disc brakes. Have a 2021 3500 Duramax denali pulling it with no issues. At present it is loaded up and in winter storage until Feb when we take it south, Arizona, from the frozen north Alberta for it maiden voyage. wish us luck and would definitely recommend the 345

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bfs673 View Post
    Have nearly the same truck as you do, but without the HO. The 344 and 345 I'm sure are similar pin weight.
    I don't have a washer/dryer, generator or even an aftermarket mattress (This WILL change next year), HAve two LiFePo batteries rather than the lead-acid (weight saver),
    I also installed a MORryde sliding tray and a pellet grill (green mountain tailgater) in the belly storage; adds a few pounds, but not too crazy.
    No firewood in the bed, use a Goosebox, so no hitch in the bed.

Below are my weights for FYI (CAT scale, loaded for camping):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trailer Weights.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	36969

I ended up with a 2019 Ram 3500 DRW. I feel more confident in having the DRW. Thanks for your input!
    Could you recommend a generator? Mine is prepped for one, but I am not sure which one to get. I will be going on a long trip over the summer and feel it would be wise to have one.
    Jeanette
    Loving my Solitude 345GK-R
    Dodge Ram 3500 Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess there are a few other 345GK owners out there after all :-) Have yet to see see another one on the road. We have a 2021 and we love it. Just the right size for us. Our TV is a RAM 35OO with HO Cummings SRW. It pulls like it like a champ, even in the mountains in Colorado where we live. Hope to see some of you on the road!

Chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Chris & Marilyn
    2021 Solitude 345GK
    2020 RAM 3500 Laramie 6.7L HO Cummings 8' Bed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12