Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Where are the 345 GK’s?

I bought a 2021 Solitude in April. My wife & I have traveled about 5000 miles & 11 states since then & I have seen many many Solitudes. But I haven’t seen one 345. Do any of you Solitude owners have a 345GK? If so do you like it & have you had any issues?

I’ve done a lot of modifications on mine to personalize it & to prevent any of the issues I’ve read about. I would appreciate learning how rare or common it is to own a 345. Thanks!
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2020 344 GK we ordered in 2019 and picked up in Jan 2020 (just before the lockdown). We don't full time but were able to spend a few months in Florida in it over the winter. I am still working so we really like the desk. And it was a good compromise between the longer mid-bunk models (to use as an office) and the shorter 310 (no desk). So we really like it.

I have done some mods (installed the 3 cameras and moved walls in the belly to increase storage). I went with Haloview with the repeater. Because of the cabinetry in the rear, it was (mostly) straightforward to run a line down and under the bottom (rather than over the roof). So i get excellent signal. I also added the Reese Goosebox and really like it. Haven't really had to do too many mods (yet ) to the interior. The microwave was bad and had to be replaced (warranty) and I had a slide topper come loose (again replaced by GD). Worst is one of the recliners has an intermittent short, so we only have 1 side that is usable.

Generally we only see 310 (less often the longer ones). Have yet to meet another 344/345 owner.
    Last edited by ggates; 09-26-2021 at 09:58 AM. Reason: typo
    Greg and Colleen Gates
    Albuquerque, NM
    2020 Solitude 344 GK
    2019 F350 Lariat Superduty DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggates View Post
    We have a 2020 344 GK we ordered in 2019 and picked up in Jan 2020 (just before the lockdown). We don't full time but were able to spend a few months in Florida in it over the winter. I am still working so we really like the desk. And it was a good compromise between the longer mid-bunk models (to use as an office) and the shorter 310 (no desk). So we really like it.

I have done some mods (installed the 3 cameras and moved walls in the belly to increase storage). I went with Haloview with the repeater. Because of the cabinetry in the rear, it was (mostly) straightforward to run a line down and under the bottom (rather than over the roof). So i get excellent signal. I also added the Reese Goosebox and really like it. Haven't really had to do too many mods (yet ) to the interior. The microwave was bad and had to be replaced (warranty) and I had a slide topper come loose (again replaced by GD). Worst is one of the recliners has an intermittent short, so we only have 1 side that is usable.

Generally we only see 310 (less often the longer ones). Have yet to meet another 344/345 owner.
    It’s lonely for us 344 & 345 owners! Hopefully others will post
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello! I am so glad I am not alone (lol)! I bought my 345GK-R in August. I am currently stationary, but in it full-time. I am not going to be much help for you as I have not taken it out yet, but hoping you can be of help to me...I am looking for the right truck. I see you have a 2020 Silverado 3500. Have you had any issues hauling it? Can you suggest anything? I am ready to get this baby moving and would appreciate any input.
    Thanks!
    Loving my Solitude 345GK-R
    Dodge Ram 3500 Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JRandall View Post
    Hello! I am so glad I am not alone (lol)! I bought my 345GK-R in August. I am currently stationary, but in it full-time. I am not going to be much help for you as I have not taken it out yet, but hoping you can be of help to me...I am looking for the right truck. I see you have a 2020 Silverado 3500. Have you had any issues hauling it? Can you suggest anything? I am ready to get this baby moving and would appreciate any input.
    Thanks!
    Hi. Glad you like your 345. My 3500 is a SRW & it’s just about at its limit for payload. That’s because I added a 50 gallon Titan auxiliary fuel tank to the bed & I have the B&W Companion hitch which is very heavy. Before the 2020
    I had a DRW 2011 Duramax for 10 years. I could not find a DRW when I was shopping for the new truck. I’m within my weight limits & I had disc brakes installed on the Solitude. My advice is to find a DRW so you have additional options.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USA in a Chevrolet View Post
    Hi. Glad you like your 345. My 3500 is a SRW & it’s just about at its limit for payload. That’s because I added a 50 gallon Titan auxiliary fuel tank to the bed & I have the B&W Companion hitch which is very heavy. Before the 2020
    I had a DRW 2011 Duramax for 10 years. I could not find a DRW when I was shopping for the new truck. I’m within my weight limits & I had disc brakes installed on the Solitude. My advice is to find a DRW so you have additional options.
    Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I will definitely add DRW to the needs list.

Something totally random...where did y'all mount your toilet paper holder? I have thought about placing it on the inside of the cabinet door below the sink. I am just not sure if there is a better place. Once I get on the road fulltime I plan to get a small dog and figure having it hidden would be best. Any thoughts or suggestions?
    Dodge Ram 3500 Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USA in a Chevrolet View Post
    I bought a 2021 Solitude in April. My wife & I have traveled about 5000 miles & 11 states since then & I have seen many many Solitudes. But I haven’t seen one 345. Do any of you Solitude owners have a 345GK? If so do you like it & have you had any issues?

I’ve done a lot of modifications on mine to personalize it & to prevent any of the issues I’ve read about. I would appreciate learning how rare or common it is to own a 345. Thanks!
    Merna and I picked up our 345 in April; we've put one longish round-trip (Indiana to NH and back) on it almost immediately, which revealed some things the dealer didn't get right; and then a few short trips in the summer, and we just arrived back in NH a couple of days ago (kids/grands here): ~ 5,000 miles on it so far. Generally, we love it. The main things that it needed were the fridge door-keeper aftermarket device, since the GD factory door lock on the Samsung fridge is hopeless; adding some art to the walls, where possible, to make it ours; and redoing the dining table supports, which are, IMHO, really poor as delivered. For the latter, I went to the local blacksmith shop and had some box-channel supports cut and welded up to the same angles, etc., as the original flimsy U-channel supports—much stronger in my opinion, even they still do flex a little. We've also added some solar and Lithium batteries, so we can go several days/nights without shore power. In late October, we're getting the MorRyde IS and disc brakes.

But there aren't many 345s out there; lots of 310s. We just liked the layout/design of the living/kitchen/pantry area more than the 310. (To each her own.) Even though 2 feet shorter than our previous Solitude, a 2014 369RL, it's heavier, which shows in the mileage. But we seem to do just fine with our SRW F-350.
    Jim and Merna

2021 Solitude 345GK-R w/ 17.5 wheels/Cooper H-rated tires (replacing a 2014 Solitude 369RL).
    8k axles upgraded with Mor-Ryde IS/disc brakes and Solar (1280 watts + 800Ah Lithium batteries).
    2015 F-350 6.7 diesel SRW, Curt 20k hitch.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I will definitely add DRW to the needs list.

Something totally random...where did y'all mount your toilet paper holder? I have thought about placing it on the inside of the cabinet door below the sink. I am just not sure if there is a better place. Once I get on the road fulltime I plan to get a small dog and figure having it hidden would be best. Any thoughts or suggestions?
    We mounted tp holder t wall next to toilet.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mounted mine inside the door as you mentioned.
    Just look at the inside of the cabinet for placement on the door as it does enter the cabinet when closed.

This seams obvious... once installed

We're happy with this location.
    2018 Solitude 344gk
    2021 Ram 3500 SRW

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bfs673 View Post
    I mounted mine inside the door as you mentioned.
    Just look at the inside of the cabinet for placement on the door as it does enter the cabinet when closed.

This seams obvious... once installed

We're happy with this location.
    Awesome! Thanks for the response.
    Dodge Ram 3500 Dually

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast