User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using my RV Dish pay as you go plan at home?

So I ordered the Winegard Pathway X2 Bundle with Wally and an additional wally for my soon to be delivered 22RBE. The plan is to use the Flex pay-as-you-go plan at $48 per month. It's my understanding that you don't pay a monthly fee for the wally receiver that you buy yourself. Not sure if the 2nd wally would increase cost. Anyone know this answer?

I used to have Dish at home but cancelled it when the costs got too high and streaming Hulu was much better and much less expensive. But now Hulu is getting more expensive at around $75 per month and it seems to go up every year or so.

So I'm thinking why not use my RV setup and Flex plan at home and canceling Hulu?

Has anyone done this and how did it work out?

I could use the Pathway antenna or could I just use the Dish HD 1000 antenna that is still attached to my house?

When I canceled Dish they requested my Dish Pro Plus LNBf (3 sat) be sent back but I told them they had to come and get it if they wanted it, they said never-mind. So I still have the Dish attached, wired and aligned.
    Last edited by Corky2; 09-25-2021 at 06:12 AM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corky2 View Post
    So I ordered the Winegard Pathway X2 Bundle with Wally and an additional wally for my soon to be delivered 22RBE. The plan is to use the Flex pay-as-you-go plan at $48 per month. It's my understanding that you don't pay a monthly fee for the wally receiver that you buy yourself. Not sure if the 2nd wally would increase cost. Anyone know this answer?

I used to have Dish at home but cancelled it when the costs got too high and streaming Hulu was much better and much less expensive. But now Hulu is getting more expensive at around $75 per month and it seems to go up every year or so.

So I'm thinking why not use my RV setup and Flex plan at home and canceling Hulu?

Has anyone done this and how did it work out?

I could use the Pathway antenna or could I just use the Dish HD 1000 antenna that is still attached to my house?

When I canceled Dish they requested my Dish Pro Plus LNBf (3 sat) be sent back but I told them they had to come and get it if they wanted it, they said never-mind. So I still have the Dish attached, wired and aligned.
    My last bill was 5.00 per month for Additional Wally, that was 04/21
    I only use system in winter months in Arizona
    Also, I have the tailgater, it was a pain to use with two receivers.
    I had to buy a VIP 622 to use for second receiver, a Wally would not work.
    You really need the regular home antenna to efficiently use two TVs.
    Last edited by pnoetzel; 09-25-2021 at 06:21 AM. Reason: More info
    2016 Ram 3500 SWD 3:73 Turbo Diesel 6'4"" box
    OEM puck Pro 16K
    2021 Reflection 311BHS
    Previous:
    2017 Reflection 29RS
    Reese Sidewinder Hitch
    Platte Lake MN.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, there's an additional charge for an additional receiver use even though you buy the receivers yourself. You can use it at home, but as said it's not an efficient setup because the dish is too small. Nothing wrong with taking advantage of using what you are paying for to the max.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Yes, there's an additional charge for an additional receiver use even though you buy the receivers yourself. You can use it at home, but as said it's not an efficient setup because the dish is too small. Nothing wrong with taking advantage of using what you are paying for to the max.
    Thanks!
    I'm thinking the wally's would not care if if I used my Dish antenna already mounted on my house. It's already wired-up in my house to the rooms I want it in. I just move the wally's from the RV to the house. Then move them back to the RV when we go camping/traveling.