User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mountain Lake Resort Rocky Top TN

Wife and I have been staying at Mountain Lake Resort in Rocky Top and the Escapee's RV Park in Heiskell Tennessee, both just north of Knoxville off I75. Beautiful area, very scenic now especially nearing fall leave peeping. Can't seem to get that country song out of my head, Rocky Top by the Osbourne Brothers. Wife added this area to our list of eventual relocation after our end to full time RVing.

The Museum of Appalachia is well worth the time, Oct 1st is their fall festival when the whole museum/park comes alive with demonstrations of by gone mountain living, live country music, an old saw mill etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2664.jpg   IMG_2663.jpg   IMG_2671.jpg   IMG_2668.jpg  
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alice and I were at The Heiskell Tenn. Escapees park Sept 12 thru Sept 18 and enjoyed our stay.
    The name of the park is Raccoon Valley RV. We enjoyed the area and Knoxville has a very nice birding park which we enjoyed for long walks.
    We also enjoyed touring all the new Grand Designs at Lazy Days RV dealer. We were impressed how well
    the RV park handled the large triple axle units as well as the smaller units.
    Bob A.
    Last edited by attaboy; 09-25-2021 at 11:47 AM.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep! Great CG and beautiful area!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by attaboy View Post
    Alice and I were at The Heiskell Tenn. Escapees park Sept 12 thru Sept 18 and enjoyed our stay.
    The name of the park is Raccoon Valley RV. We enjoyed the area and Knoxville has a very nice birding park which we enjoyed for long walks.
    We also enjoyed touring all the new Grand Designs at Lazy Days RV dealer. We were impressed how well
    the RV park handled the large triple axle units as well as the smaller units.
    Bob A.
    Hey Bob, We may have taken your place in site 8 at Raccoon Valley on the 18th. LOL's We couldn't get into the Escapee's park initially with reservations when we wanted so we stayed at the Mountain Lake RV Resort just up i 75. Man getting to the mountain Lake RV park was on a very rural, narrow, windy, switch-back, drop off ledges on either side in some places, up a mountain, type of road. We drove it at 20-25 mph for @ 2 miles, seemed longer. A few places no way could two RVs pass each other, but once in the park it was nice.

We did drive through Raccoon Valley just to see what it was like before we moved in on the 18th. I remember seeing an Imagine in site 8, that's where we are now. Its a nice park but a little close on the sites. An older gentleman in a long motor home cut a corner too short and wedged up against a huge rock. Dented and scratched about a 12 inch crease in one of his cargo doors. They hooked a pickup with tow strap to the rock and tried to drag it out of the way to clear his motor home.

Great people here!
    Our neighbor is a 77 year old lady, now widowed, driving a class C solo, no toad, traveling the country on her own. She is a go getter and spry for her age. I helped her out with a couple things setting up. Had never connected a sewer hose, her husband always did that (had trouble screwing the elbow into the sewer connection. She is originally from Elkhart Indiana and worked for Holiday Rambler back in the day, she is traveling from Indiana visiting her family back to her home in Florida. She has a great attitude, and would be an inspiration to older solo RVers. Is a long time Escapee's member. Says her plan is to keep RVing till she turns 85. More power to her! Life is still good for her. We have met all kinds of great people RVing as full timers.

Anyway we are here at Raccoon Valley until Oct 13th. Got a lot of things on the to do list while here.

Steve
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Hey Bob, We may have taken your place in site 8 at Raccoon Valley on the 18th. LOL's We couldn't get into the Escapee's park initially with reservations when we wanted so we stayed at the Mountain Lake RV Resort just up i 75. Man getting to the mountain Lake RV park was on a very rural, narrow, windy, switch-back, drop off ledges on either side in some places, up a mountain, type of road. We drove it at 20-25 mph for @ 2 miles, seemed longer. A few places no way could two RVs pass each other, but once in the park it was nice.

We did drive through Raccoon Valley just to see what it was like before we moved in on the 18th. I remember seeing an Imagine in site 8, that's where we are now. Its a nice park but a little close on the sites. An older gentleman in a long motor home cut a corner too short and wedged up against a huge rock. Dented and scratched about a 12 inch crease in one of his cargo doors. They hooked a pickup with tow strap to the rock and tried to drag it out of the way to clear his motor home.

Great people here!
    Our neighbor is a 77 year old lady, now widowed, driving a class C solo, no toad, traveling the country on her own. She is a go getter and spry for her age. I helped her out with a couple things setting up. Had never connected a sewer hose, her husband always did that (had trouble screwing the elbow into the sewer connection. She is originally from Elkhart Indiana and worked for Holiday Rambler back in the day, she is traveling from Indiana visiting her family back to her home in Florida. She has a great attitude, and would be an inspiration to older solo RVers. Is a long time Escapee's member. Says her plan is to keep RVing till she turns 85. More power to her! Life is still good for her. We have met all kinds of great people RVing as full timers.

Anyway we are here at Raccoon Valley until Oct 13th. Got a lot of things on the to do list while here.

Steve
    Small world we left site 8 that morning.
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited