Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awning material replacement on 337 rls

Need to replace the awning material on my 2018 337 rls.The measurements centre to centre on the arms is 10ft 6 inches.If I order replacement (10ft)the fabric size is 9ft 2 inches which means I would have approx 4 1/2 to 5 inches on each side of the roller with no material . The length of the roller is 10 ft.
    If I were to order (11ft)the fabric size is 10ft 2inches which is to long to fit the roller. Is 4 1/2 to 5 inches on each side of the roller OK?
    Seems like a lot to me. The awning is a dometic 9100 power awning. I am looking to upgrade the awning material from present materials

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the shorter one will be better. The hem/fabric on the longer one may conflict with the roller head while extending and retracting.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where are you ordering you replacement awning from right now I have a small tear in my awning. Sonner or later I'll probably going to have to replace it.
    John & Joan
    w/Dakota & Cooper
    Tidewater VA
    2016 303 RLS (#7608) Build 3/16
    Dodge 2004.5 S/B
    B & W Companion Slider Hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Contact Christie at Tough Top Awnings her e mail address is [email protected]. There Awnings are made with 18oz. Industrial grade vinyl. UV and mildew resistant. Sewn with marine grade thread. Super friendly and very responsive people. I thought the price was pretty good as well. Most places I checked sold either 13 or 16 oz

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Contact Christie at Tough Top Awnings her e mail address is [email protected]. There Awnings are made with 18oz. Industrial grade vinyl. UV and mildew resistant. Sewn with marine grade thread. Super friendly and very responsive people. I thought the price was pretty good as well. Most places I checked sold either 13 or 16 oz
    Someone else recently wrote about how the newer electric awning hardware cannot handle the heavier materials, which is why they are so lightweight compared to the old manual awnings. Not sure how true that is or how one would know what weight material it can handle, but thought I'd share in case you hadn't heard that and want to research a bit.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good point never thought about that

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumpster View Post
    Where are you ordering you replacement awning from right now I have a small tear in my awning. Sonner or later I'll probably going to have to replace it.
    Depending on where the tear is, you could have Dr Vinyl fix it. We had rubbed one of our toppers against a tree branch and it put some small holes in the fabric. Called Dr Vinyl and they came out and repaired it. Looks great, can't tell it was even damaged.

Used them multiple times on our boat seating, ATV seating and even on vinyl siding on a house. Fit and finish from the repair is amazing!
    Last edited by trailrydr; 10-07-2021 at 06:43 AM.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the awning replaced on our Fuzion with material from Shadepro.net. It seemed to be very sturdy material, and was reinforced pretty heavily in the area where it connected to the trailer. We were very happy with it.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S