User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opinions on 2nd AC Reflection 150 278bh

I’m working on purchasing the above unit with the standard 15btu AC unit. Just looking for opinions on how well the one unit does cooling the RV specifically the front bedroom. We’re not full timers, mostly weekend warriors and spend most of our time during the day outside. I currently have a 28 ft TT with a 13.5 btu AC and it works fine for our needs. Thanks in advance

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the Reflection 150 295RL with 2 AC units. Will say that the bedroom unit does help in reducing the heat buildup throughout the trailer. On several 100 degree days, kept the trailer very confortable. Also, wife likes it for the fan only operation at night when camping near highways/rail/airports/etc..... for white noise drown out.

We also installed the EasyStarts on each to reduce the number of AMPs used at startup for the eventual boondocking or 30amp service. Would recommend it.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 30' 150 series and after owning it for 2 years have never used my bedroom A/C. The living area unit does a great job cooling the entire trailer. But, about 95 degrees is about the warmest I have camped in, and that was in a shaded spot. If buying a new trailer I would not hesitate to add the 2nd A/C in the BR. You may well need it in warm weather, it will help on resell, and if one A/C unit ever goes out while you are camping you have backup. If you are buying used, wait and see if you need it.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MVH-Two View Post
    I’m working on purchasing the above unit with the standard 15btu AC unit. Just looking for opinions on how well the one unit does cooling the RV specifically the front bedroom. We’re not full timers, mostly weekend warriors and spend most of our time during the day outside. I currently have a 28 ft TT with a 13.5 btu AC and it works fine for our needs. Thanks in advance
    We don't have your trailer but have two AC's on our trailer. We rarely run both at the same time. Usually only to cool the trailer when we first arrive at a site.

We do like the 2 units because we will run the bedroom unit when we are in the living area. We run the living area unit at night when sleeping. It helps reduce the noise to run the AC unit in the area we are not in.

We are in Florida so the 2 units is a must, for us.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed a Coleman 13.5 in our 230RL on a separate circuit.... I did not connect it to the in ceiling ducts..... it out performs the 15 btu main unit hands down,,, we use the bedroom unit only until outside temps get into high 80's.....
    2019 230RL Reflection ..... 1996 Dodge 2500 Cummins still pulling just as hard as the day I brought her home November 1995...3.6 Onan. 2 battleborns 300 watts solar, 1500 watt aims inverter....(Convictions are a far greater foe of truth than lies) {Nietztche}