User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hitch Set Up Opinions

I’m working on buying a reflection 150 278bh with the 90 degree turn pin box. I would love to use either the Anderson Ultimate or Pull Rite Super lite. I have a f250 with 6.5ft bed. Thanks in advance

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really sure what your question is but if you have the Turning Point Pin do you need a slider?
    We have been using the Superglide Slider for 13 years now and I like it. It's very heavy though. Definitely a two person job to get it out of the truck.
    I rigged an electric winch to get mine in and out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HF Hoist.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	36947
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivecodys View Post
    Not really sure what your question is but if you have the Turning Point Pin do you need a slider?
    We have been using the Superglide Slider for 13 years now and I like it. It's very heavy though. Definitely a two person job to get it out of the truck.
    I rigged an electric winch to get mine in and out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HF Hoist.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	36947
    Cool rigging job! Sorry I wasn’t clear. I’m just wondering if these hitches will work with the Turning Point Pin box? As far as I understand, I won’t need a slider because of the Turning Point Pin box.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Sidewinder on my trailer, which is the same thing, just different name. You can not use the AUH, or the Pullrite version, unless you lock the Turning point so it doesn't rotate at the pin box. I have several bolts I can put in, in the rear of my pin box to stop it from rotating, which in doing so, makes it a regular pin box.

What you are avoiding, is two points of rotation, that would be a very bad thing. The turning point uses a wedge that is behind the kingpin, which will not allow it to rotate on a hitch, all the rotating is at the pin box. If you use the turning point, the hitch in the truck must be secured on each corner, using the trucks puck system, or rails. A hitch that uses the gooseball, will allow the hitch to rotate due to the lateral forces on it.

Again, if you want to use the AUH, or similar system, you must lockout the turning point system, as there is no way to stop it rotating on the gooseball.
    Last edited by Wileykid; 09-30-2021 at 08:26 AM.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
    I have a Sidewinder on my trailer, which is the same thing, just different name. You can not use the AUH, or the Pullrite version, unless you lock the Turning point so it doesn't rotate at the pin box. I have several bolts I can put in, in the rear of my pin box to stop it from rotating, which in doing so, makes it a regular pin box.

What you are avoiding, is two points of rotation, that would be a very bad thing. The turning point uses a wedge that is behind the kingpin, which will not allow it to rotate on a hitch, all the rotating is at the pin box. If you use the turning point, the hitch in the truck must be secured on each corner, using the trucks puck system, or rails. A hitch that uses the gooseball, will allow the hitch to rotate due to the lateral forces on it.

Again, if you want to use the AUH, or similar system, you must lockout the turning point system, as there is no way to stop it rotating on the gooseball.
    do you have the sidewinder premium with the airbag?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus216 View Post
    do you have the sidewinder premium with the airbag?
    No, although I wish I had.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WileyKid is right about needing a 5th wheel that either sits on a rail, or uses the puck system, when using a sidewinder or turning point, even though many many RV dealers and hitch shops will tell you it is OK. Ask me how I know and ended up with two fifth wheels and now how have a pullrite super glide for sale……lol
    Last edited by Alaska_av8r; 10-10-2021 at 10:51 PM.
    2021 Reflection 150 295RL
    2018 GMC 2500HD Denali Diesel 4x4