User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GD 397THS purchased at Hershey

My wife and I started looking at RVs and THs in 2013... After many years of going back and forth between TH and the Class A. We have finally decided on the 397THS. We really like the layout and was pleasantly surprised when we learned the garage is 13.6 and not 12.6.

We have ordered the THS with a few upgrades and are looking at BB batteries to boondock. We love riding on left coast and taking rad trips. We only have have 2 states of the lower 48 to get next year (Nevada and Oregon). I also want to ride across the bixby Bridge and many other rides.

A question i have is about the need for the dehumidifer, I see many posts about needing them. Is that all the time or only certain times of the year?
    2022 Grand Design 397THS-R
    2022 F450 lariat Antimatter Blue
    2012 FLHXSE3
    2014 FLHX Silver Lining Paint set (107 of 150)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luke_Pa View Post
    My wife and I started looking at RVs and THs in 2013... After many years of going back and forth between TH and the Class A. We have finally decided on the 397THS. We really like the layout and was pleasantly surprised when we learned the garage is 13.6 and not 12.6.

We have ordered the THS with a few upgrades and are looking at BB batteries to boondock. We love riding on left coast and taking rad trips. We only have have 2 states of the lower 48 to get next year (Nevada and Oregon). I also want to ride across the bixby Bridge and many other rides.

A question i have is about the need for the dehumidifer, I see many posts about needing them. Is that all the time or only certain times of the year?
    We are long time camper owners. The one thing that we have learned, over the years, is that moisture is an RV's worst enemy. Anytime we will be in a place that typically has greater than 25%-30% humidity, out comes the dehumidifier. The one we use is this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B099ZJPRMB...W8W61B3TK2C9NB.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also started using one but only when in cold humidity places. If humid and we need to close the windows and start the furnace then out it comes.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE