User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

337RLS Maximun TV size?

Our 337 RLS has a TCL 40” flat screen and I’d like to replace it with a larger Samsung. .

2 questions

What is the biggest size TV anyone has replaced the TCL with?

How do you remove the current TV from the mount?
    Last edited by Jerryr; 09-26-2021 at 06:15 PM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jerry,
    On our 2021 337RLS the TV is on a wall swivel mount. To change you would just pull away from the wall and loosen the (4) screws that attach the TV to the mount. It is a little tough to pull free from the wall swivel lock. As for size I am not sure as ours takes up the full area as I recall.

Duthman2

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Duthman2,

On my 2017 337RLS the TV mount is a fixed mount. Later years they went to swivel mount.

Lokking at the floor plan specs for current models it’s still a 40” TV.
    Jerry & Linda
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't tell you about the max size, Jerry - you'll have to measure that. However, to remove the TV, reach around the back of the TV and feel around on the top of the mount for a latch that pivots horizontally on a pin. Turn that (the only way it will turn - I don't remember which way) and the TV will then lift up off of the mount. Have a second person standing by to disconnect cords so you can move away and set the TV down. We replaced the TCL that died in our 2016 Reflection 337 with a Samsung - but I don't remember the sizes. Weight is a consideration, too, so you don't overload the mount or the backing plate.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I can't tell you about the max size, Jerry - you'll have to measure that. However, to remove the TV, reach around the back of the TV and feel around on the top of the mount for a latch that pivots horizontally on a pin. Turn that (the only way it will turn - I don't remember which way) and the TV will then lift up off of the mount. Have a second person standing by to disconnect cords so you can move away and set the TV down. We replaced the TCL that died in our 2016 Reflection 337 with a Samsung - but I don't remember the sizes. Weight is a consideration, too, so you don't overload the mount or the backing plate.

Rob
    Rob, Thank you
    Jerry & Linda

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I measured and it looks like I can go up to a 43” Samsung which is 1” taller than the 40” TLC. 22” tall vs 21” tall.

I’ll problem also replace the mount with a swivel mount like they have on the current model 337s.

Now the hunt begins for best price.
    Jerry & Linda

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jerry,
    Just be sure the TV mount has a way to lock the TV in a travel position. As I mentioned the one in ours is tough to get to release or push back in place. No fear of it ever coming loose and having the TV move around during transit. I have used several for our house made by "Mounting Dream" sold on amazon. None had a way to lock in place. I'm sure they sell them as well. Great quality and pricing as well.

Dutchman2