User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spare Tire Location

We are experiencing sway while towing our Imagine 2670MK. With the kitchen at the back, the 2670 is tail heavy. The spare tire hanging from the bumper weighs over 50 lbs. and could be a significant contributor to sway. Has anyone relocated the spare tire to the area underneath the trailer between the I beams at the front of the trailer?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BAL has a carrier for spares that you could install under the RV in front of the axles that would help you.
    https://balrvproducts.com/products/c...-a-spare.shtml

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully57 View Post
    We are experiencing sway while towing our Imagine 2670MK. With the kitchen at the back, the 2670 is tail heavy. The spare tire hanging from the bumper weighs over 50 lbs. and could be a significant contributor to sway. Has anyone relocated the spare tire to the area underneath the trailer between the I beams at the front of the trailer?
    It may be tail heavy but is it tongue light? I would first get it on the scales to see how much room you have in your tongue weight. It may be a matter of adding more weight to the tongue which could be done without relocating the tire.

It could also be as simple as a hitch adjustment but you won't know until you get it on the scale.

They do make spare tire carriers to go under the tongue a-frame.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I just purchased a 2022 2670MK and had to remove the spare tire in order for it to fit in our driveway. I am relocating mine to the front storage compartment, will be installing spare mount to wall, tire will install vertically against the wall. That way, it shouldn't take up too much room. I will post pics once I get it done if you're interested.