User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

12 volt refrigerator and inverter

I’m about to order the 22MLE with the 12 volt refrigerator. I know this refrigerator includes a solar panel and solar controller but does it include an inverter? If not is it pre wired for an inverter? If it is will I need to add solar panels to handle the load of the additional AC outlets? Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, no inverter. You would also have to consider adding/upgrading batteries in order to run 110 outlets.

The solar package that is there is basically to trickle charge the battery to power the 12 volt fridge.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks huntr70

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the 165W solar panel stock, is there any hope to keep even upgraded 2x6V battery bank going to be able to feed that 12V fridge when boondocking?? How many days could you even last?
    Is the controller type MPPT or PWM?
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2020 Ford F150 Lariat 2.7 Ecoboost (Payload Pkg)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it’s a 150w panel that comes with the XLS solar package. I called GD and verified that the package is only the single panel and I think a 25w controller. I’m ordering mine with a second panel. It’s pre-wired for an inverter so my plan when boon docking is to 1) plug the shore power cord into the inverter (with an adapter), 2) turn off the air conditioner breaker, and 3) power the converter through the water heater breaker so I can turn that off too. Won’t need the water heater on electric heating while boon docking. Then when connected to shore power (or generator) all I have to do is turn on the A/C and water heater breakers.