Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winterizing question

Hey all,
    I was winterizing my Imagine XLS 21 BHE today and everything was going fine. I was running antifreeze to my last fixture, the outdoor spray port, and the bottle of antifreeze ran out after I had run plenty of antifreeze through the sprayer. Do I need to go buy another gallon and re-run antifreeze to that sprayer to make sure the line is full or am I ok? Hopefully that made sense. Basically, the pump didn't have antifreeze going in, but I didn't have any fixtures on either.

I used just under three gallons for the whole job and put the reminder down the P-traps. My unit has a kitchen sink, bathroom sink, shower, toilet, and outdoor spray port. I did them in that order.

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure I'm following you. By last do you mean last on the line or last faucet to do? If you haven't done the others then yes you need to do them as they are most likely still filled with water

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry - was doing my best not to confuse everyone. First time doing this.

All fixtures had antifreeze run through them, probably lots of it since this is my first time and I'm paranoid about freezing. When finishing the last one, the pump sucked a little air from the empty antifreeze jug.

I actually blew the lines out with compressed air, and then did the antifreeze. I live in Maine, and winter is real here.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll be OK then. I blow the lines then run antifreeze then blow the lines again to ensure that no water mixed with the af, the drain it all. It's maybe an added step but it's an added security and makes dewinterising a little quicker.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I run them all one at a time until I see pink. Hopefully you opened and drained your low points first.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did everything you guys have suggested. I think I'm safe. Bummer the season is over, but hunting season is just around the corner.

Thanks for the tips, everyone!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ clarkchrist

Three gallons? That's a heck of a lot of antifreeze... I'd say you should be fine. My previous TT used to only take 1 gallon to get everything done, hopefully you bypassed the water heater.
    Another good thing to do is remove your outside shower hose, let it drain, and store it away till you de-winterize.... hopefully that's sooner than later.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did all of those things too! I feel like I'm crushing this.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget to take the coffee maker in too. Water can stay in the lowest part of the piping and crack them when frozen. DAMHIK. That knowledge cost us a new coffeemaker.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reminder - we're still about 10 weeks out from worrying about this in NC, but I do have a question that I've been wondering about and that I'll need to address:

Anyone with a residential fridge and ice maker, any pointers or comments about winterizing the ice maker?

Obviously, could run the antifreeze through the system and let the ice cycle for a day... However, a way to manually cycle the ice maker would be helpful - my old home fridge had a button combination that cycled the ice maker. I checked the Samsung manual back in the spring and didn't see an obvious answer.

Thanks!
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast