User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One time, after connecting to 30 amp shore power on my Reflection TT, the GFCI immediately did not work. It didn't seem like it popped either. I contacted GD, they overnighted a new one, wired it in, and same thing. I traced back to converter, did all I could do. Then I called a mobile tech, he checked like two things, then he started at the 30 amp pole. Swapped out my brand new 50 amp-to-30 amp dog leg and voila. Everything worked. The dog leg was providing power to only 1/2 the converter (one leg of it). That thing was brand new from Menards.
    I'm not saying this is your issue, just giving my experience for what to me was a conundrum.
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2021 F350 DRW 4x4 CC XL 176" WB 6.7L PSD

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    This is what I was trying to explain in my earlier post. In a circuit of outlets only one will have the test/reset buttons. All of the other outlets on the same circuit will be protected and affected by the one outlet at the beginning of the string. The first outlet is dead, the remaining will also be dead until you fix the one at the beginning. The outlets marked gfci are on the gfci circuit. The ones with the buttons are the first in the string. I hope that makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by WeirdAl View Post
    One time, after connecting to 30 amp shore power on my Reflection TT, the GFCI immediately did not work. It didn't seem like it popped either. I contacted GD, they overnighted a new one, wired it in, and same thing. I traced back to converter, did all I could do. Then I called a mobile tech, he checked like two things, then he started at the 30 amp pole. Swapped out my brand new 50 amp-to-30 amp dog leg and voila. Everything worked. The dog leg was providing power to only 1/2 the converter (one leg of it). That thing was brand new from Menards.
    I'm not saying this is your issue, just giving my experience for what to me was a conundrum.
    Thanks. The only power circuit that is out is the GFCI. Everything else works. Will be calling mobile tech today

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick update. Have mobile tech scheduled to troubleshoot. Will be about 2 weeks. Will add results when I know

Thanks to everyone for caring and trying to help!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckscha View Post
    Quick update. Have mobile tech scheduled to troubleshoot. Will be about 2 weeks. Will add results when I know

Thanks to everyone for caring and trying to help!
    Please do as this one really has me puzzled.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem solved!

While looking for plastic dish, we found another circuit breaker box in one of the cabinets over one of the couches! Weird place to hide a breaker box, bit that box had the GFI circuit clearly labeled.

We had searched all areas underneath the unit but never thought to lookin dish cabinet

Thanks to everyone for their help!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem solved!

While looking for plastic dish, we found another circuit breaker box in one of the cabinets over one of the couches! Weird place to hide a breaker box, bit that box had the GFI circuit clearly labeled.

We had searched all areas underneath the unit but never thought to lookin dish cabinet

Thanks to everyone for their help!
    Glad you got it figured out Charles... leave it to GD to hide another panel and not have it clearly marked. Maybe take a picture of it and share it on here so others might be able to rapidly resolve a similar problem.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    Glad you got it figured out Charles... leave it to GD to hide another panel and not have it clearly marked. Maybe take a picture of it and share it on here so others might be able to rapidly resolve a similar problem.
    Cabinet over the couch
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cabinet over the couch

Well I guess that's better than having it behind the wall in the basement storage compartment... Thanks for sharing!
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for sharing the solution to your issue.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was there a solution to your problem?

Sorry, I now see the solution to your problem. I just don't see the solution for my 3540GK. I checked all cabinets and the outlets outdoor and in storage bay. My GFCI outlet with test switch/reset button is in the bathroom and I'm looking for the breaker that feeds the GFCI circuit.
    Last edited by Terry-Y; 10-27-2021 at 02:20 PM. Reason: clarification

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast