User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2019 351 M Fresh water tank drain question.

Just a quick question since I don't remember seeing a definitive answer in the manual: I have two drains: one near the rear, behind the axles, and one toward the front in front of the axles, both white handles. I assume they are both freshwater drains, but am curious why there are two of them. I just noticed the second one today, the one in front of the axles. I take it I need to drain both of them to fully drain the freshwater tank.

On a related note, if there are two drains, then I would imagine there are two sections of the freshwater tank, and if so, how does water get to the pump from both sides, if you have drain each side separately?

TIA

Howard
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would guess you have the auxiliary tank, a drain for each one. I believe for filling, once one fills, it overflows into the second one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have this same situation: 2 white handle fresh water tanks to drain. The one between the wheels is really hard to get to, so I made a tool. Basically a tie wrap loop on the end of a short piece of pvc tube.

I was looking to see if anyone has a definitive answer for this? I guess it's easier to put in 2 small tanks than 1 large tank.

The other thing that is a bit weird is that we have not filled the fresh water tank, we only run off city water (so far) but every time I open the white valves, there is a small amount of water that drains out of both.

I'm guessing that this is leakage from the water pump? By looking at the schematics, it appears that city water fills the pipe up to the water pump (if I looked at the correct diagram). Any other thoughts on where the water might be coming from?

thhanks.

Dale

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have 2 fresh water tanks which are connected together by a water line between them. When filling or when using them the water will flow back and forth between the tanks to equalize the level. If you pull just one dump valve you should get a good fast flow until that tank empties, then it will flow slower until the other tank level gets down to the cross over water line. The second tank will probably still have several gallons in it so if you want to completely drain them pull both handles.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for all the good info. Kind of what I'd figured.
    Howard and Peggy

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to pile into your thread Howard

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pile on any time you want. It's all good.
    Howard and Peggy