Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    It is a cap on my 2021 Imagine just for clarity

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    you are correct, it is a cap. my question is, where can you find these? I would like to have an extra one. Thanks.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was advised by my dealer service dept that the plastic cap is part of the water heater failsafe design. In event of an overpressure, the cap is designed to fail before the tank. The is a very low probability mode since it would require multiple other safety systems to fail first, including the burner not shutting off and the pressure relief valve not opening.
    2023 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvestmoon View Post
    I was advised by my dealer service dept that the plastic cap is part of the water heater failsafe design. In event of an overpressure, the cap is designed to fail before the tank. The is a very low probability mode since it would require multiple other safety systems to fail first, including the burner not shutting off and the pressure relief valve not opening.
    It's possible but I've never heard of that.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your dealer is correct, the plugs / caps are part of the tank's safety design and are Nylon, not just any plastic. Personally I don't recommend replacing the caps with anode rods, ball valves, or anything other than what the OEM provided, but I understand that people want to modify and customize their rigs to their tastes.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tamathumper View Post
    Your dealer is correct, the plugs / caps are part of the tank's safety design and are Nylon, not just any plastic. Personally I don't recommend replacing the caps with anode rods, ball valves, or anything other than what the OEM provided, but I understand that people want to modify and customize their rigs to their tastes.
    In my case, I had to. The cap deformed with the heat from the water and leaked, eventually, it wouldn't hold with the pressure. At the time, Dometic didn't have any replacements in stock and were projected to have them 6 to 8 months out. I replaced the cap with the ball valve so we could use the coach.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TyeeMan View Post
    Here's what I did on my water heater. Never have to worry about the plug again. The hose is a high pressure braided hose I got from McMaster Carr and the ball valve and brass barbed fitting and hose clamps I got from Home Depot.

Attachment 36919
    I really like your solution. I had already done this with a stainless full flow ball valve and a hose adapter. Had to remove most of the valve handle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RV H2O Htr Drain Cap.jpg   RV H2O Htr Drain.jpg  
    Joyful & Drake
    SE Texas
    2022 Grand Design 2600RB
    2022 F150 Platinum 1777# Payload
    ProPride-3 1400 Hitch

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345