User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Customer Service or Lack of it. Thoughts please.

On day 4 of our first long trip our refrigerator quit working. Yellow stuff in the back. It’s shot. It’s a 2021 303RLS. Bought in February. Used for 15 nights so far. Still under warranty. We are 1200 miles from home, but heading towards Michigan City near Grand Design.

I called GD customer service and asked if we came by could they replace the refrigerator. Nope. I was told to call Norcold. Why? I have no idea. I called Norcold and they said to call my dealer. I told them my dealer is 1200 miles away. They said find any dealer and have them write up a report and submit it to GD. We are in the middle of rural America. Drove 300 miles today on two lane roads. No highways anywhere or dealers to be seen. I called my dealer to see if they could call GD and ask for help. Nope. Told me it was a waste of time.

I’m polite, respectful and not at all demanding. Hard to believe that GD just blew me off. I understand parts are hard to get, techs are hard to come by and everyone is swamped. But, my simple mind says that it shouldn’t be too much to ask to swing by the factory and have them swap out the fridge. Thoughts?
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suggest since your in the neighbourhood show up at the Grand Design office/ headquarters.
    It’s better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for approval.

Coops
    2021 Reflection 303 RLS
    2012 Ram 3500 Cummins short box Crew Cab
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    Kamloops BC 🍁

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
    Suggest since your in the neighbourhood show up at the Grand Design office/ headquarters.

Coops
    I told my wife we may do that. Can’t hurt. Go in ask for help. Maybe my wife could start crying. Lol.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously, do not waste your valuable time swinging by. They are swamped and don't have parts for the rigs in at the FSC. You're under the appliance manufacturers warranty and that's what they're pushing you to use, which is why Norcold said any dealer or even an established tech. Because of the unbelievable demand, the entire industry is following procedures to the letter... If you saw the literal mountain of RV appliances scrapped through this rush you'd be taken aback! I know I was! I think your efforts might be better spent looking into Dutch Aire or calling dealers to see if any will help your plight. There's also a very big independent RV repair shop not far from GD known to work miracles for full-timers. Don't know if I can mention their name - forgot the board rules on this.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Norcold, not Grand Design provides the warranty for the fridge. A dealer(or authorized service center) has to evaluate the fridge and then get approval from Norcold to send parts for the repair. I was a Norcold dealer and I'll tell you, Norcold does not sell parts to the public. Everything goes though a service center or a parts distributor, if you can find one.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Seriously, do not waste your valuable time swinging by. They are swamped and don't have parts for the rigs in at the FSC. You're under the appliance manufacturers warranty and that's what they're pushing you to use, which is why Norcold said any dealer or even an established tech. Because of the unbelievable demand, the entire industry is following procedures to the letter... If you saw the literal mountain of RV appliances scrapped through this rush you'd be taken aback! I know I was! I think your efforts might be better spent looking into Dutch Aire or calling dealers to see if any will help your plight. There's also a very big independent RV repair shop not far from GD known to work miracles for full-timers. Don't know if I can mention their name - forgot the board rules on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post

Ooops
    What he said!
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I would contact Norcold directly for guidance. They are usually helpful, at least they were...
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    . There's also a very big independent RV repair shop not far from GD known to work miracles for full-timers. Don't know if I can mention their name - forgot the board rules on this.
    You can give reccomendations .links etc. If you are a company employee soliciting that is where thing like this get cloudy
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    You can give reccomendations .links etc. If you are a company employee soliciting that is where thing like this get cloudy
    In that case, Affinity RV Group in Goshen. I have ZERO skin in the game with them but you will find them and their facility to be top notch! They are connected through the industry as well.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    Norcold, not Grand Design provides the warranty for the fridge. A dealer(or authorized service center) has to evaluate the fridge and then get approval from Norcold to send parts for the repair. I was a Norcold dealer and I'll tell you, Norcold does not sell parts to the public. Everything goes though a service center or a parts distributor, if you can find one.

I know this has been addressed before , but to me this is the single biggest flaw in the Rv industry. When you have a warranty issue with a car / truck , you don’t have to go thru Delphi , Aisin , Koyo , Brembo, or whoever the parts were sourced from. The final assembler takes responsibility. I haven’t had any major warranty repairs on either of our GD fifth wheels , but I can certainly understand an owner’s frustration with having to track down individual suppliers.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast