Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
We've been with At&t for 20 years. Ready to move to a larger data plan along with a hotspot. At&t gets spendy. In researching I see that Tmobile (which now includes Sprint) offers 50% discount for ages 55+. So for $10 less/month, we would go from 4Gb with At&t to 40Gb with Tmobile. Then they also offer a hotspot plan with 100Gb but it didn't list the price online that I could find so have to check on that.

Looking at coverage maps, they certainly look comparable. MobileInternetResource speaks highly of their offer, but not specifically about how reliable the coverage is. So thought I'd just check here if anyone can comment on their experience with Tmobile since taking on Sprint and the added coverage?
I've been with T-Mobile since way before they were T-Mobile. I have to say that I have been very pleased with their coverage all across the country. Sure there have been times where there was no coverage, but that is going to be true of all carriers.

The thing I am most excited about with T-Mobile is their new lower band coverage (this is band 70). The signals reach farther and they penetrate buildings better than any other Cell Phone Band.

There are only a few phones that are built to receive this band, but this band will really benefit us RVers because the signal from existing cell towers will be able to reach the previous "Dead Zones" where RVers often find themselves camping.

So, if you do switch to T-Mobile, try to get a phone that operates on band 70.

Bottom Line, I would recommend T-Mobile.