User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bike rack receiver (hitch)

Has anyone had a 2” receiver welded under the back frame of a Momentum 397TH?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm about to do this on my 327M unless compelled otherwise. The bumper isn't solid, but it appears to be rolled steel and formed. I think it should handle 300# on a hitch.
    CJ & Jo
    RIP: Rocky & Rya
    2018 Momentum 327M, 2019 RAM 2500 6.7L Turbo Cummins, BW Companion Slider, Timbren SES, Bilstein 4600

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I added a class III hitch to my Momentum 394M last fall. I bought 4" steel channel and cut it to fit inside to inside of the main 12" frame rails of the trailer. It was cut so that the channel was just the right length to fit in there and resting on the bottom flanges of the main H beams. I had a professional welder come to the house, as he didn't have room at his shop for me to bring a large trailer there. I used the 4" channel as a "base" to install the class III hitch to and I chose to drill holes and bolt the hitch to the channel....vs...having him weld it to them. I used 8 grade eight bolts to bolt it up and then spray painted the bare metal and reinstalled the insulation and coroplast. The back of the receiver hitch sits right at flush with the back of the trailer, and it is a very solid install. Sorry that I didn't really take any pics during the process.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"