User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2018 2400BH Dometic Thermostat replacement (already replaced cover)

After finding out by not being able to set the temp and the thermostat cover was garbage from the factory, ordered a replacement through GD. Now, this cover is also not functioning correctly. Seems like the capacitive touch of this thermostat is sensitive to weather, which seems odd for a thermostat in a travel trailer. It's 50 degrees and raining, and every time I put the cover back on, it acts like I'm pushing more than one button. And, even with the cover off, I can't get it to behave.

So...no, I don't want to get another cover.

Is there a viable replacement without replacing the control box? Do the manual ones work with this?

Thanks!
    Chris
    Last edited by VociferousSky; 09-28-2021 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Fixing the title apparently doesn't fix the thread name...

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took the little foam inserts out from behind the thermostat cover and cut them a little thinner. Then tested again. I almost cut mine in half. Just don't cut to much at first. Cut and test. I had the same problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 GD 2800BH
    2005 Tundra, 2010 sequoia
    Wife & 2 kids