User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can Registered Users Attach Images to Posts?

I am a Registered Member but not yet a Site Sponsor.

Earlier today I created a post and attached an image to help illustrate my question. When I submitted the post, it did not appear on the forum. I believe that that I followed the instructions in the thread on attaching a Photo to a post correctly, but I may have done something wrong. Perhaps I exceeded the storage limit - the thread on "How to add photos to a post" says that Registered Members would have a 100 MB limit:

About attachment storage limits
    When you upload a copy of an image file (or other attachment) it is stored on our servers. There are some restrictions on how much data can be stored.

Registered members are limited to 500 MB of attachment storage for items posted to threads and posts and 100 MB for files posted to the photo gallery. We highly recommend that you reduce file sizes before uploading them to posts and threads.

Later I saw in a different thread on "Member Types" that paid members can post photos and have a signature line. I have a signature line, do I also have the ability to upload images?

Thank you,
    Rick
    Rick & Chantelle
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2014 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 3.5 EB

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Rick,
    I post photos all the time and I am just a Registered member. I always open up my photos in Microsoft Paint to crop them and reduce their size. I've not had any issues to date.
    You used this button, right?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	36945

Try it again and see what happens.
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you have to have at least 7 post before you can post pictures. This is a forum protection against spammers

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivecodys View Post
    Hi Rick,
    I post photos all the time and I am just a Registered member. I always open up my photos in Microsoft Paint to crop them and reduce their size. I've not had any issues to date.
    You used this button, right?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	36945

Try it again and see what happens.
    Thanks for the response. I did use the correct button. Further browsing in the Helpful Hints thread revealed that new uses with fewer than 10 posts are restricted from inserting images or links in their posts. I had read all the hints before I registered, but I didn't remember that particular restriction.
    Rick & Chantelle
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2014 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 3.5 EB