User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    RAs are starting to sound like extended warranties. Most of the comments that I've read here and there have been 95% negative

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Except for maybe the ones that are obtained through your insurance provider? If they offer it would they have an incentive to protect persons or property that they already insure from hurt or damage due to lack of RA response?

Also, I wonder if there are regional differences in performance?
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bright side of the story was we went and talked to our State Farm agent who we have vehicle towing coverage and that didnt include our 5th wheel the agent wrote us a check to cover the whole tow.
    Someone mentioned onstar and we dont pay for that coverage anymore which is a story in it self.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    State farm did reimburse us for the cost of the tow even though we didn't have tow coverage for the trailer. They covered it because of the situation being so dangerous and no other options for us to get off the interstate safely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the response we just received from good sam which is why I wrote my post . It sounded pretty much a shallow and almost canned response.

Good Sam VIP <[email protected]>
    Wed 9/29/2021 4:35 PM

Hello,

Thank you for your time and email.

I sincerely apologize for the frustration you have experienced with your Good Sam Roadside Assistance.

We set a very high standard, and always want to make sure we are providing the same customer service across the board.

I have sent this email over to the correct leadership team for them to review your service call to determine what went wrong, to ensure this does not reoccur.

Thank you again for taking the time to make us aware of this incident, we hope to provide better service to going forward.

Please let me know if there are any other questions or concerns! We would be happy to further assist.

Thank you for your time,

Melissa M.
    Marcus VIP Customer Care Team
    Camping World Gander Outdoors Customer Care
    Englewood, CO 80112

ref:_00DC016tjK._5003b1cuM1q:ref

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just signed up with FMCA and there Roadside Assistance Package. Letting my Good Sam membership, travel assist and roadside assistance expire.
    2018 Reflection TT 315RLTS
    2014 F250 Crew Cab, Short Bed, 6.7 Diesel, 4x4
    50 gallon Titan fuel tank
    2007 Shelby GT Mustang

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GlenParks View Post
    This is the response we just received from good sam which is why I wrote my post . It sounded pretty much a shallow and almost canned response.

Good Sam VIP <[email protected]>
    Wed 9/29/2021 4:35 PM

Hello,

Thank you for your time and email.

I sincerely apologize for the frustration you have experienced with your Good Sam Roadside Assistance.

We set a very high standard, and always want to make sure we are providing the same customer service across the board.

I have sent this email over to the correct leadership team for them to review your service call to determine what went wrong, to ensure this does not reoccur.

Thank you again for taking the time to make us aware of this incident, we hope to provide better service to going forward.

Please let me know if there are any other questions or concerns! We would be happy to further assist.

Thank you for your time,

Melissa M.
    Marcus VIP Customer Care Team
    Camping World Gander Outdoors Customer Care
    Englewood, CO 80112

ref:_00DC016tjK._5003b1cuM1q:ref
    It's a form letter email. Received the same hollow feel-good fake-ness.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going to chime in: We have had GS RA now for over 10 years. We may be one of the lucky ones, but then again I chock it up to documentation, persistence and luck. The first time we used it was for a break down on our trailer, they sent a mobile mechanic to take care of the issue, that was in CA 10 years ago, next couple times locally for a tow to the service center, then another time while on the freeway, we had similar issue with the operator not able to get a tow vehicle large enough to handle both truck and trailer, I took it upon myself to get a two truck for truck and anther for trailer, documented and was reimbursed for all of it within 2 weeks of submitting my claim. Last one was the big one, the accident in South Lake Tahoe, July 1, 2021, GS unable to get me a tow truck or trucks. I got ahold of a transport company, they brought our rig home to Peoria Arizona. We rented a car, then submitted all bills with a letter naming names, dates, times etc. Holiday weekend with no other availability, we were reimbursed in full for the rental car, gas, food and $1000 of the $5500 for towing. The "at fault" party insurance will be reimbursing us for the cost, we hope. Anyhow, maybe luck on our side, but my thought is alot of documentation, persistence, etc. Not trying to sell any thing, but FMCA that i have i found out didn't cover that expense and i did not have towing included with our auto insurance.
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptPicardo View Post
    I echo discouraging but candidly I never trust road side assistance, it's just a sad fact. I blew a Sailun in the middle of the Nevada Desert...nothing around for 100 plus miles. I replaced it with my crap Westlake spare and off we went. I feel like part of full-time RV life is to rely on no one, thus we operate self sufficiently. I'm sad it's that way but seems to be so. BTW, Hankook is now selling G-rated ST tires...I'm getting all my Sailuns swapped out tomorrow with these. TireRack.com will drop ship them to you in 3 days or less....so excited. If you purchased Sailuns that were manufactured in Vietnam, beware, they may look perfect but they will shed their tred in less than 5k miles.

Also, Glen, that sounds like a truck issue, not a trailer issue, shouldn't you call OnStar/GM?
    So the cheap Westlake saved you. Lol, that should tell you something

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptPicardo View Post
    I echo discouraging but candidly I never trust road side assistance, it's just a sad fact. I blew a Sailun in the middle of the Nevada Desert...nothing around for 100 plus miles. I replaced it with my crap Westlake spare and off we went. I feel like part of full-time RV life is to rely on no one, thus we operate self sufficiently. I'm sad it's that way but seems to be so. BTW, Hankook is now selling G-rated ST tires...I'm getting all my Sailuns swapped out tomorrow with these. TireRack.com will drop ship them to you in 3 days or less....so excited. If you purchased Sailuns that were manufactured in Vietnam, beware, they may look perfect but they will shed their tred in less than 5k miles.

Also, Glen, that sounds like a truck issue, not a trailer issue, shouldn't you call OnStar/GM?
    Nothing wrong with a G-rated Westlake, but this is really surprising to hear about the Sailuns. Makes me think surge demand is doing its thing to them too. Did you happen to contact Sailun about it? The US representative has been at it a long time, super knowledgeable and I am certain he'd want to know about it.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Nothing wrong with a G-rated Westlake, but this is really surprising to hear about the Sailuns. Makes me think surge demand is doing its thing to them too. Did you happen to contact Sailun about it? The US representative has been at it a long time, super knowledgeable and I am certain he'd want to know about it.
    Geo, I had tread splitting with my Westlake G's at 12k miles, so I swapped them out for the Sailun 14ply, those lasted 4318 miles and 4562 miles respectively. I just swapped all of them out for this new tire https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...omCompare1=yes

I have faith in Hankook and will let you know. I did call the distributors but not Sailun direct. I have documented evidence the tires shed there tread ahead of normal. These Sailuns were manufactured in Vietnam, not China, as Sailun changed that. I'm seeing tread lost issues across multiple forums (e.g. Montana users forum). I'm hopeful the Hankook will be the solution for 20k miles or so.

That said, I only replaced the four and kept Westlake G as my spare

BTW, changing a tire in the north Nevada desert with nothing else within 100 miles will put a notch on your holster!
    Last edited by CaptPicardo; 09-30-2021 at 07:39 PM.
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast