User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptPicardo View Post
    Geo, I had tread splitting with my Westlake G's at 12k miles, so I swapped them out for the Sailun 14ply, those lasted 4318 miles and 4562 miles respectively. I just swapped all of them out for this new tire https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...omCompare1=yes

So you went from West

I have faith in Hankook and will let you know. I did call the distributors but not Sailun direct. I have documented evidence the tires shed there tread ahead of normal. These Sailuns were manufactured in Vietnam, not China, as Sailun changed that. I'm seeing tread lost issues across multiple forums (e.g. Montana users forum). I'm hopeful the Hankook will be the solution for 20k miles or so.

That said, I only replaced the four and kept Westlake G as my spare

BTW, changing a tire in the north Nevada desert with nothing else within 100 miles will put a notch on your holster!
    So you went from G rated Westlake to G rated Sailuns and now to E rated Hankooks?

Do the E rated Hankooks with 3420 lbs load rating have the load ratings for you need fir your Solitude?
    Last edited by Jerryr; 09-30-2021 at 07:58 PM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That does look to be cutting it really fine for load capacity. They wouldn't work for my Momentum 351M, not enough capacity. I need "G" rated at least. I think the Solitude 377MBS has the same GVWR as my Momentum 351M.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptPicardo View Post
    Geo, I had tread splitting with my Westlake G's at 12k miles, so I swapped them out for the Sailun 14ply, those lasted 4318 miles and 4562 miles respectively. I just swapped all of them out for this new tire https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...omCompare1=yes

I have faith in Hankook and will let you know. I did call the distributors but not Sailun direct. I have documented evidence the tires shed there tread ahead of normal. These Sailuns were manufactured in Vietnam, not China, as Sailun changed that. I'm seeing tread lost issues across multiple forums (e.g. Montana users forum). I'm hopeful the Hankook will be the solution for 20k miles or so.

That said, I only replaced the four and kept Westlake G as my spare

BTW, changing a tire in the north Nevada desert with nothing else within 100 miles will put a notch on your holster!
    Ugh! We're just a touch over 12K on Westlakes and I was gearing up for Sailuns for next season since they served me well before. Looks like for my needs, G614s are my $pendy choice unless I want to try the Cooper H-rated and harsher roll... I can get the Coopers at half the price of Goodyears now with a discount I'm afforded. Can't believe the cost increases the past couple of years...
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm getting ready to take delivery of our first travel trailer and was getting ready to sign-up for RA through GS until I read this thread. Got me looking at alternatives. While I was shopping for travel trailer insurance I found pretty good rates at Progressive, which is where I also have boat insurance. I found that adding RA to my trailer insurance only costs an additional $28 per year. That's seemed pretty low compared to GS at $65 per year. Progressive goes through Agero RA services and they claim to be the largest wholesale provider of roadside in the business. They also claim to have 115 drivers. I wonder if GS and others also goes through Agero.

Anyone here familiar with Agero?

BTW: My travel trailer insurance with RA is probably going to be under $500 per year but I'm still looking at the options.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something I researched last night... Escapees offers RA... I think that is good for us since we will be using them for our domicile.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    That does look to be cutting it really fine for load capacity. They wouldn't work for my Momentum 351M, not enough capacity. I need "G" rated at least. I think the Solitude 377MBS has the same GVWR as my Momentum 351M.
    If you can up the size to the ST255/85R16, the capacity jumps to 4080 per tire. Not sure if that is possible though.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could possibly, but that adds 1 1/2" in height, 1/2" in width, and whole lot more money.
    Howard and Peggy

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could possibly, but that adds 1 1/2" in height, 1/2" in width, and whole lot more money.
    If tire diameter is 1-1/2” larger then ride height will only be 3/4” higher.

I put Goodyear G614 LT235/85R16s on my Reflection 337RLS without a problem.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    If tire diameter is 1-1/2” larger then ride height will only be 3/4” higher.

I put Goodyear G614 LT235/85R16s on my Reflection 337RLS without a problem.
    The overall tire diameter is 3", so 1 1/2" gain in height. The Goodyear are the same height as the Hankook, give or take a half inch. But I'll go with the Sailun before the Goodyear. JMO. Goodyear just wants too much money for their product.
    Howard and Peggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am playing catch-up on this thread this week. I was speed-reading through all the posts, however it looks like Hankook offers a G rated version of that tire here https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...6TH31&i1_Qty=4
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast