User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Didn't 3-piece suits go out of style 40 years ago? That's what my wife said before she donated mine. Then again the vest was getting tighter and tighter.
    Not in NYC! When I have to be in the Ivory Tower of corporate, it's expected. The young MBAs crack me up in the pencil-legged versions! Clearly, I consciously limit my time in Manhattan and global HQ...
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptPicardo View Post
    Hey Jerry, thanks for the question, these are G-rated Hankook and they are sexy. We replaced both wheels and tires as a fresh start (probably unnecessary per my wife) but glad to have the new Hankooks on

BTW, the OnTrak shipping that TireRack uses is pretty amazing, they stopped at the front RV office then brought them over to our site and loaded them in the back of our truck. Les Schwab installed and no problems there either. Really happy about this tire replacement and will share on the forum if the Hankooks go wrong.
    Good you got the G-Rated ones. What confused me was the link you posted was for the E-Rared tires.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had Good Sam's premier service with our new RV. On our first trip we had a breakdown that required towing service. We were literally across the street from a nationally recognized service shop. Good sam was going to send a tow truck, but it was coming from 135 miles away and would only tow us to the dealership in the town 135 miles away. I told them to pound sand. I walked over to the service shop (Point S) and asked for help. They drove their tow vehicle over, towed both truck and trailer to the lot across the street from them. We unhitched the trailer and spent the day in it "camping" while they repaired our vehicle. 8hrs later we were back on the road. All I can say is "screw Good Sam". They aren't worth their weight the card takes (took) up in my wallet. I am now have towing for both my truck and trailer through my insurance company, who will provide the service or reimburse me for the service I find myself.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always used AAA Plus RV coverage. They have always been very responsive and have a network of providers second to none.. They fixed a flat on my RV and the wait time was less than an hour. For the car/truck, the coverage goes with you and can use the AAA services even if you are in some vehicle than your own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been a long time Good Sam member. I have called them 2 times for help , in desperate moments. In both case they were awful. Left me on the side of the road for many hours and given me excuses why they could not rescue us because we had a 5th wheel. They stated that 5th wheels are specialized equipment and they could not find someone to rescue us. The absolute worse customer service. We have since canceled.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are one of the few who have never been let down by RA. Because we have never bought any. In 25 years of rolling down highways and dirt bush roads, we have had one flat, and one blown off turbo hose. (Thanks Ford 6.0L).
    Fixing a flat isn't rocket science and the 6.0L still managed 60kmh without the turbo so we made it to a CG in Minneapolis. So as stated earlier in this thread, RA's seem A LOT like extended warrantees. More often than not, better off to put the money aside you would have spent on RA and save it to take care of your emergencies yourself. For us that would equal an emergency fund 25 times the annual fee minus the cost of a turbo clamp.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    We are one of the few who have never been let down by RA. Because we have never bought any. In 25 years of rolling down highways and dirt bush roads, we have had one flat, and one blown off turbo hose. (Thanks Ford 6.0L).
    Fixing a flat isn't rocket science and the 6.0L still managed 60kmh without the turbo so we made it to a CG in Minneapolis. So as stated earlier in this thread, RA's seem A LOT like extended warrantees. More often than not, better off to put the money aside you would have spent on RA and save it to take care of your emergencies yourself. For us that would equal an emergency fund 25 times the annual fee minus the cost of a turbo clamp.
    Sometimes I feel like the odd man out. Never bought RA. Called for help twice in the 38 years driving. Once for running over a landscape block in the middle of the freeway, in which the insurance claim covered towing and repairs. The other where a blowout with a motorhome required bringing a new tire because there was no spare (I didn't file a claim for damage to the wheel well, but maybe it would have covered the service call if I did). Combined incidents would not costed what we would have paid for RA over 38 years. And from the sounds of it, we had a lot less hassle getting someone to help. Just call a local 24/7 service and we were done with it.

Even my parents used to harp on us about not having AAA or something. Recently I asked how many times they used it in the 60 years they've been paying for it. They said twice. One tow and one flat tire change. I guess people like feeling as if someone has you covered with RA, extended warranties, etc.? I've just never found the value in them. This post is sure to elicit some response I'm guessing.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, like I said earlier, We may be the oddballs on the opposite side. We have used them, GS, about 5 times and each time was ok as we were able to recoup a chunk of change. I think we have put out about $700 in the 10 ish years we have had it and have recouped about $2000.00. Anyhow, not endorsing any by any means, but we are good with it and thinking about adding a simple towing to our auto insurance., Maybe.
    Last edited by JFF&KRN; 10-07-2021 at 07:02 AM.
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the comments here I'm wondering if RA used to be effective but is no longer. Several years ago, I was a Coachnet member. Used them once for towing of vehicle from my personal residence, but never on the road. Comments on CN on various forums were always positive. I recently purchased GS because of price, but I will be early cancelling based on comments.

Now CN falls right into the same complaint category as all the others. So maybe the poor service from all of the RA companies is a recent thing, and is becoming the standard.

A question I have is how do you initiate roadside service on your own? Do you just google "towing" in the closest town to where you are located? My concern is always having cell service.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ended up letting my GS membership expire, I never had GS RA ... too expensive and too many complaints. I went with the RA that was an option with my Progressive RV insurance.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast