User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @geotex1, after two breakdowns on the road ( truck 1, trailer 1), I had to look for something better than my auto insurance RA program. My research led me to FMCA. I have not used them yet, so my reply does not fit your criteria for a recommendation but I thought I would share it anyway.
    https://fmcara.vehicleadminservices....parison-chart/
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Popkid View Post
    We too called Good Sam when towing are trailer and the tow vehicle broke down. After calling and waiting the rep told us she could only find a tow company but it would be two weeks. There we sat along side the road now with a State Highway patrol office who call a local tow company approx 25 miles away.
    45 min later the tow company was at our location.
    Dropping Good Sam Roadside
    This what happens when you hire to many pinheads. She actually thought you could sit there for 2 weeks?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Yes, Hankook offers some in the correct size, but they're up there at a price point comparable to Goodyear.
    I think I need clarification. The Hankook tire has me interested because Goodyear does not manufacture a comparable tire. Goodyear has two options to replace my ST235/80R16 Westlakes. Both are not exact. The ST235/80R16 Endurance is only rated load range E. The other option is to go to the Goodyear G614 RST, sizing up to LT235/85R16 at load range G. Per tire rack, the Endurance is running $180 tire. Not bad, but with a toy hauler, I'd rather not go backwards on load rating. The Hankook VANTRA TRAILER TH31 235/80 R16s with the load range G are $234. A bit higher, however nowhere near the $460 Goodyear wants for the G614s. So not sure what price point you're comparing. If there is another Goodyear available in the Hankook Vantra price range, load G, I'm all ears. I can get Goodyears discounted, but I am not spending $1700-1900 on trailer tires.
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, I was referring to the G614, but it sounds like they've gone up considerably in price compared to what I was looking at some time back. Then they were a little over $325/tire when I was replacing the tires on my Fuzion some years back.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry you had a tough time. We’ve always used AAA RV Platinum (200 mile tow) and have used it 3 times with no issues at all. Hassle good Sam until you get a tow refund.
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MooManChu View Post
    I think I need clarification. The Hankook tire has me interested because Goodyear does not manufacture a comparable tire. Goodyear has two options to replace my ST235/80R16 Westlakes. Both are not exact. The ST235/80R16 Endurance is only rated load range E. The other option is to go to the Goodyear G614 RST, sizing up to LT235/85R16 at load range G. Per tire rack, the Endurance is running $180 tire. Not bad, but with a toy hauler, I'd rather not go backwards on load rating. The Hankook VANTRA TRAILER TH31 235/80 R16s with the load range G are $234. A bit higher, however nowhere near the $460 Goodyear wants for the G614s. So not sure what price point you're comparing. If there is another Goodyear available in the Hankook Vantra price range, load G, I'm all ears. I can get Goodyears discounted, but I am not spending $1700-1900 on trailer tires.
    That's what we are running now and they are beauties...only have one trip on them from SLC to Las Vegas but dang they are pretty. I bought new wheels (rims) with them which added $660 to the price so the tires came to about $1175. I can scan in the itemized receipt if it helps. I'll let you know in 5k miles how they are working
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptPicardo View Post
    That's what we are running now and they are beauties...only have one trip on them from SLC to Las Vegas but dang they are pretty. I bought new wheels (rims) with them which added $660 to the price so the tires came to about $1175. I can scan in the itemized receipt if it helps. I'll let you know in 5k miles how they are working

So which tire are you running then? The GY Endurance, the GY G614's, or the Hankook Vantras?
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptPicardo View Post
    You quoted my comment, so I assumed you meant the Hankook G rated tires however with the pricing you posted that comes out to less than $130 per tire, over $100 less per tire than anywhere Ive found. Yes, like to see where you got that deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MooManChu View Post
    You quoted my comment, so I assumed you meant the Hankook G rated tires however with the pricing you posted that comes out to less than $130 per tire, over $100 less per tire than anywhere Ive found. Yes, like to see where you got that deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi MooManChu,

Tirerack.com is where I got the deal. Had them shipped to Heber City for free and they arrived in 3 days. Had Les Schwab install them.

Here's the invoice:
    Size & Description Qty Availability Price Each Item Total
    ST235/80R-16 HANKOOK VANTRA TRAILER TH31 G
    DOWNLOAD WARRANTY BROCHURE PDF
    4 In Stock $233.99 $935.96
    MOUNT AND BALANCE (NO CHARGE)
    4 In Stock N/C N/C
    16X6 ULTRA TRAILER TYPE 62 SDC
    4 In Stock $166.61 $666.44

They are still pretty!
    Last edited by CaptPicardo; 10-23-2021 at 06:22 PM.
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gave up on GS years ago. One tip that we got at the Idaho Rally was after you call your RA company, call 911. They will sit with you until it's safe to get on the road again. They would rather sit with you than to clean up the mess if something happens.
    Not all that wander are lost!! (Thank you Waze!!)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast