User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another note, Dawn is not the preferred product to clean your roof. It will strip it of the necessary oils.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Another note, Dawn is not the preferred product to clean your roof. It will strip it of the necessary oils.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    I don't know what your roofing system is, but if you have an alpha systems tpo roof, Dawn is most certainly one of the specified roof cleaners.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We took delivery on March 31, 2020. It was delivered to the dealer in February 2020. It was stored outdoors until October 15, 2020 when we moved to covered storage after winterizing. We only camped 15 nights and including the time spent in the driveway before/after camping it was exposed approximately 25 days in 2021. Based on this, I would say there was some kind of failure either in the install or the product itself. Hoping GD will make it right.
    Jeff & Sherry
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2019 F150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4,
    HDPP, Max Tow, 6.5, ProPride

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McDugals View Post
    We took delivery on March 31, 2020. It was delivered to the dealer in February 2020. It was stored outdoors until October 15, 2020 when we moved to covered storage after winterizing. We only camped 15 nights and including the time spent in the driveway before/after camping it was exposed approximately 25 days in 2021. Based on this, I would say there was some kind of failure either in the install or the product itself. Hoping GD will make it right.
    Ya definitely a sealant issue. It should have not had bubbles in it to begin with that would later pop and cause pitting and voids. That's garbage sealant or it was put on at the wrong temperature or some other error. Weird it would turn like that within a year from GD factory though.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2020 Ford F150 Lariat 2.7 Ecoboost (Payload Pkg)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I concur with the other posts. It just doesn't look right.....almost like it cooked up like pancakes prior to flipping. I have replaced sealant on my previous rv as it showed some signs of cracking but little pitting and having watched numerous videos on the matter...none of them showed sealant that looked like yours. I would certainly bring this up to the dealer/GD. Maybe they had a bad batch of sealant that was used during manufacturing. Giving your VIN number will validate that.
    Pierre & Tara

2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2020 GMC Sierra SLE 1500
    1200/12000 Equalizer Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McDugals View Post
    Up on my roof cleaning/inspecting and found a few spots that are bubbling. Looks like the screw holes. I have the proper self-leveling sealant. Can't find anything on the proper way to fix the sealant. My plan was to just pull off the bubble and refill. Also, a lot of the sealant is cracking. Does this look normal for a rig delivered April of 2020? Stored under cover for all but the first 6 months.
    I found these types of bubbles on my 2019 Imagine. I just cut out the loose caulk and added new during my semi annual roof inspection.
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI, according to the manual a roof inspection/reseal is supposed to be done every three months in order to maintain the roof warranty.
    Long Island, New York

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Dicor is really crap and silicone isn't any better. I've done so many repairs over the years I could cry. What I started using is marine adhesive caulking. My new TT already had moisture inside above the door. And upon my first inspection shortly after taking delivery, the entire length where the trim meets the TPO across the rear was already cracked and separated. I pulled off the loose Dicor, cleaned everything, and put marine caulking everywhere that needed it. It sticks well to all surfaces, even the Dicor. We're likely going to invest in a new roof next year through RV Roof Install, otherwise, I would have taken the effort to pull the Dicor off in sections as I sealed it up. Anyway, everybody has issues with sealing roofs if not now then later, whether or not they know it before it creates rot issues. That's just the reality of RVs. Doesn't matter what make, model, or how much you spent on it. The best defense is frequent and thorough inspections and maintenance. I've rebuilt a few TTs and if the roof wasn't leaking, the windows or corners were.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12