User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Considering a 22RBE - Opinions requested.

We are considering downsizing our Newmar Diesel Pusher to a Imagine 22RBE. Trailer will just be used by my wife and I. We really want a small trailer that can fit in any space and have anxiety free travel. Plan on pulling with a 2021 Ram Rebel.

Any pro’s or con’s with this unit?

Do you feel the one air conditioner is adequate for the space?

Overall quality of the trailer?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were looking for a couples trailer that our f150 could pull. We looked closely at the 22rbe and then we discovered the 22mle. Comparing the 2, we liked the bathroom in the 22rbe and the counter space. DW found the bedroom a little claustrophobic and we weren't found of the table. We ended up going with the 22mle because it fells much bigger inside, we really enjoy having both a dinette and lounge and all the cabinets. They are both great choice if you ask me. Only 26ft long and under 7000. It tows great and you fit in most sites. I recommend seating in both.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_reality View Post
    We are considering downsizing our Newmar Diesel Pusher to a Imagine 22RBE. Trailer will just be used by my wife and I. We really want a small trailer that can fit in any space and have anxiety free travel. Plan on pulling with a 2021 Ram Rebel.

When we first started looking we were looking at the Imagine 2600RB. Went to the dealer to look at one and they had just sent it to their other store. So we looked around the lot and we ultimately ended up buying the 2970RL. We liked the RB model but are very happy with our purchase.

I like the 22RBE layout because the bedroom is actually separated by a wall, not a curtain. You also don't have to walk through the bathroom to get to the bedroom like you do in the 23LDE. The only thing I don't care for on the RB models is that the bathroom takes up a lot of space. If you really need a big bathroom then its the layout for you. For me and the DW the RB was wasted space. i would say 1 AC is adequate for that size trailer.

The 22RBE will certainly help with the 'fit anywhere'. That is the only downside we have on our 2970RL is the size. We have to be aware of that when making reservations. Add our 20 foot crew cab/long bed and we are at about 55 feet total.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wife and I have the 22RBE. Just the 2 of us and 2 small dogs, so the size works well for us. Love the big bath and the private bedroom. Kind of tight around the bed, but worth if since the dogs and I can stay up late/get up early and read (OK, the dogs just look at the pictures) in the recliners while my wife gets some more rest.The A/C was more than adequate when we were out in the mid 90's. Quality has been fine, nothing major has gone wrong for us, but we have only been out about 10 nights or so.
    We are over-trucked, pulling it with a 2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, so it pulls great for us. Don't know the specs on the Rebel so I don't have an opinion on that.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had ours almost 2 years now with no issues. Wife chose the 22RBE over the 22MLE because of the larger bathroom & counter space in kitchen area. We also liked that it has separate bedroom area instead of just the curtain. Only downside might be that the slide out is on the camping side instead of the traditional side. Not a big deal to us as it's our first trailer and we don't know any better. The few times we've used the AC it has worked to cool the trailer with no problems.
    Jason & Jamie
    2016 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4, 5.0L, 3.55
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really liked the 22RBE when I looked at it. It is a nice size. The only downside is it doesn’t have a dedicated dining area. The 22MLE has a dinette and sofa, but not a private bedroom and has smaller tanks if you plan to dry camp. I ended up choosing the 2600RB and really like it. It is around 4ft longer, but has the best parts of the 22RBE AND 22MLE. I picked it up last October and have spent at least 5 months in it so I do appreciate the extra space. The single AC has not been an issue at all. Very happy with the overall quality.

The 2600RB is too heavy for some 1/2 ton trucks, but has towed well with my F-150. I’d still choose the 2600RB again but would have been satisfied with the 22 RBE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2600RB and need to upgrade my truck, are you towing with 3.5 or 5L?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by meman78 View Post
    I have a 2600RB and need to upgrade my truck, are you towing with 3.5 or 5L?
    I am towing my 2600RB with a 2019 F-150 XLT super crew 4x4 with the 5.0L. I wanted the V8 for a little more engine braking going down hill and didn’t want to have turbos under constant boost while towing. The 3.5L will feel stronger from a stop and while going up hills. The turbos provide a lot of torque. The 5.0L has plenty of power and, from comparison videos I’ve seen, will get a little better mpg while towing.

If you tow a lot, like a full-timer, I’d get the F-250 as everything will be built a little more heavy duty. I tow mine about 5000 miles a year right now.
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello. Sorry I'm late to the thread.

We have had our 22 RBE for two Canadian summers now. A total of over 95 nights and 9,000 km (5,600mi). Mostly 5-7 days at a time but a few single nights while on the road. Maximum temp 104ºF with 90%+ humidity and minimum night temp of 25ºF. The Coleman Mach 8 Plus A/C handled the high temp fine, the furnace dealt with the cool nights or damp mornings without problems.

Like an earlier post mentioned my wife really likes the bathroom size, counter space and kitchen/bathroom storage. I certainly miss not having a dinette and table, even if just to have another couple over to play cards or a board game. But the lounge chairs are very comfy, and the "privacy doors" are a bonus because I'm a morning person and she is an evening person. We bought the trailer with the idea it would be possible to live in it for up to a month at a time even if we had weather that kept us inside. So far, so good.

Our problems so far have consisted of a leaky kitchen window and slide (even when closed). Both seem to have been fixed under warranty. Our bedroom door also started to tear the stop out of the ceiling (from the door being pulled side-to-side during cornering/driving). Fixed with a rubber stop in the upper door rail. One of our gray water valves leaks a bit, and that is managed with an added twist-on waste valve. The curbside slide is a compromise, but not a problem in our experience. You can look through the forums for other "quirks". For example, the kitchen gray water tank won't drain well if the trailer is nose down at all at the dump station.

If your RAM Rebel only has the V6 engine the RBE will probably be the maximum it can handle. The weight will be close to the limit and the RBE pushes a lot of air at a full 8 ft wide and 10 ft tall. I say that because we camp a lot with my BIL & SIL and they have a 2015 RAM 1500 with the V6 that they pull a similar trailer (a Rockwood 2509S MiniLite). The handling is OK, but the truck struggles to stay at 60mph on grades or into any headwind over 20mph.

Just my thoughts.

Mike C
    Last edited by MikeRC; 10-14-2021 at 12:12 PM.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2019 GMC Elevation Double Cab 5.3l 8spd

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every floor plan seems to have its compromises and some things for one couple will be more or less important for another couple.

We sat in the 22RBE at the Hershey RV show Sept 2019. We loved the big bathroom, thought the bedroom was tight, was not big on the slide being on the entrance side, and we wanted two seating areas.

A few weeks after the show Grand Design introduced the 22MLE. I saw it on their website and showed my wife and we both had the same reaction. Yes!

But again, what works for us may not appeal to others. We don’t mind the smaller bathroom as we spend most of our time in the living space. We also don’t have an issue with the bed curtain (we’ve since taken it down). We were pop-up campers for a long time and use to a curtain then we bought a hybrid travel trailer which has open ends and curtains. We really like the two seating areas as it allows us to have company.

If you want to stay in the XLS line and want a private bed, larger bathroom, and two seating areas, maybe check out the 23LDE at just a couple feet longer.
    Last edited by Tigger1; 10-14-2021 at 03:33 PM.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast