Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elk Neck Statepark next week

Time to get out of the house so I went looking. I wanted to do Elk Neck for some time now and I know there is an awesome crab house down the road. I was readily able to book four nights at what appears to be a nice site with full hook-up . Golden Age Pass came into play to boot . I figured I'm in the neighbor hood so I'll try one of the coastal campgrounds to hang over the weekend. A seafood extravaganza is a hard thought to dismiss. I knew Assateague Island would be a stretch and it was. One good thing about Marylands new reservation system is it will tell what is available at any park in the state. Next was Cape Henlopen with nothing to be had, bummer. I gave Delaware Seashore State park a try as just shear size would lead one to think something would pop up. Full to the brim! In fact being that full I would rather avoid it.
    I'll keep looking.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    Time to get out of the house so I went looking. I wanted to do Elk Neck for some time now and I know there is an awesome crab house down the road. I was readily able to book four nights at what appears to be a nice site with full hook-up . Golden Age Pass came into play to boot . I figured I'm in the neighbor hood so I'll try one of the coastal campgrounds to hang over the weekend. A seafood extravaganza is a hard thought to dismiss. I knew Assateague Island would be a stretch and it was. One good thing about Marylands new reservation system is it will tell what is available at any park in the state. Next was Cape Henlopen with nothing to be had, bummer. I gave Delaware Seashore State park a try as just shear size would lead one to think something would pop up. Full to the brim! In fact being that full I would rather avoid it.
    I'll keep looking.
    Elk Neck looks like a nice park. I'll add it to our someday list. I've been looking for something in Maryland but have been hesitant to commit to going that way. Next time we go north we'll have to check it out.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OurNewEra View Post
    Elk Neck looks like a nice park. I'll add it to our someday list. I've been looking for something in Maryland but have been hesitant to commit to going that way. Next time we go north we'll have to check it out.
    I've stayed over at Janes Island, Pocomoke River Shad Landing and Assateague in the past. Maryland State park campgrounds aren't the most for campsite amenities but they are well maintained spacious and clean. If you qualify by age look into a golden age pass on the website. The cost is only a $10 processing fee you'll get back after the first stay. If you are coming north on Rt 113 up the Eastern Shore I recommend Pocomoke River Acorn loop as a stay over point.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 09-30-2021 at 03:51 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Three of the sites are booked for us and our friends next weekend!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Three of the sites are booked for us and our friends next weekend!
    I'll warm the site up for you. I arrive Monday and leave Friday. I was really hoping to find a spot closer to the ocean or bay for that weekend. I've often tried but have not been able to get a site at Cape Henlopen in Delaware. Ocean City, Md. is having Sun Fest this weekend. I'll miss that too.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 10-01-2021 at 03:42 AM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let us know how you guys make out. The little we saw seemed tight. But some of the park was closed so missed a bunch on our drive through.

We were camping just down the road in Delaware at Lums Pond. Lums has a nice lake, zip line at the park, and bike trails. If you want there is also a trail that follows a large canal going from the Atlantic in Delaware into the Chesapeake into Maryland.

Eat at Schaefers (sp) on the canal around sunset......
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll warm the site up for you. I arrive Monday and leave Friday. I was really hoping to find a spot closer to the ocean or bay for that weekend. I've often tried but have not been able to get a site at Cape Henlopen in Delaware. Ocean City, Md. is having Sun Fest this weekend. I'll miss that too.
    Might catch you in-person as Nikki and I are reserved to arrive Thursday provided she can get someone to cover the afternoon for her.

Henlopen has to be booked immediately when open for reservations!

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Let us know how you guys make out. The little we saw seemed tight. But some of the park was closed so missed a bunch on our drive through.

We were camping just down the road in Delaware at Lums Pond. Lums has a nice lake, zip line at the park, and bike trails. If you want there is also a trail that follows a large canal going from the Atlantic in Delaware into the Chesapeake into Maryland.

Eat at Schaefers (sp) on the canal around sunset......
    We have camped the park for decades from tent through the 5er. 5ers and long TTs will only fit the full hookup loop. Our 3350 is about the max length, maybe a little longer, to have an easy time getting into sites in the full hook ups.

Lums is great too! Haven't been the past two seasons though. Just came back from Pocomoke. Perfect weather for the 30A!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Lums is great too! Haven't been the past two seasons though. Just came back from Pocomoke. Perfect weather for the 30A!
    How were the mosquitos at Pocomoke? Shad Landing or Milburn Landing? I do believe they are worse there than Blythe Island, Ga.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How were the mosquitos at Pocomoke? Shad Landing or Milburn Landing? I do believe they are worse there than Blythe Island, Ga.
    Shad. Absolutely none of the little buggers! Our trip timing was perfect as the week prior through our stay had overnight lows that did away with them!

Trap Pond is one you really have to time perfectly or it's death by mosquito or fly if not!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast