User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Delivery Time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate805 View Post
    I am sure I won’t be hearing good news tomorrow (came off the line today). If it’s just the slide toppers and rear awning, then I’ll see if they can remove toppers from invoice and ship awning when available. We use our RV year round and have a couple of long trips coming up that I’d rather not cancel and going on 5 months since we ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    YAY!!!!! Got the call Friday it went to transport!!!!!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsvllc View Post
    YAY!!!!! Got the call Friday it went to transport!!!!!
    Congrats! Where is it being shipped and what’s the ETA?

I ask, as I bought ours in TN as we found the best deal there and we where staying in Michigan for a few months during the time it was supposed to arrive. I’m now back in California due to kids school restarting and need to fly back out to our lake house, get my truck and pick up the trailer. Trying to sort out when I would need to travel based on when the trailer ships to the dealer.
    Thanks!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plan on spending a good part of your day testing everything on your rig when it arrives. I found a handful of issues after driving off the lot, most notably the brakes not working and the side awning pulling away from the trailer after opening/closing it six or seven times. I had to wait a month to get it in for service, then another month to get it back. The reason it took so long to get back? Waiting for the awning.
    Jeff
    2021 30G Toy Hauler
    2021 RAM 2500 6.7L HD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ordered our 351M-R with full body paint on May 8th, talked to GD two weeks ago and build date is Oct 18. He thinks we should have it by the end of Nov. Hoping no new industry shortages come into play.
    2021 351M-R ordered 8 May 21
    2019 Entegra 30X Class C
    2016 Grand Design 369RL
    2012 Fuzion 399... Towing...Mainly Fords. Currently 2021 RAM 2500

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours came off the line Friday 10/8. Was missing roller shades only. Those were installed Tuesday and rig went to shipping. I’m told it did ship Wednesday. Not sure why the lead time on delivery to dealer 300 miles away is 10 days but I figure it must go to a distribution center or shipping vendor and sit nearby waiting to get picked.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ordered a fully loaded 397TH with FBP in mid August. Was told off line date is Dec 14th. I'm sure we then have to wait for FBP and transport so I'm hoping by February. First trip is scheduled in beginning of March so as long as it's here before that I'll be happy.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    delivery date yet???
    Wendy

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Called GD the other day to get an update on our build because God knows, General RV sure as hell won't do anything. I was told that our unit off line date has been pushed back to mid January now and then still have to wait an additional 4 weeks for full body paint. That would put delivery at over 6 months so if you are trying to order a unit from scratch prepare yourself for a long wait.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate805 View Post
    Ours came off the line Friday 10/8. Was missing roller shades only. Those were installed Tuesday and rig went to shipping. I’m told it did ship Wednesday. Not sure why the lead time on delivery to dealer 300 miles away is 10 days but I figure it must go to a distribution center or shipping vendor and sit nearby waiting to get picked.

Yes, once the build is complete, it goes to a "holding lot" on Grand Design property and waits is turn for a transporter to take it to the dealer. I was told that process could take up to two weeks. We were lucky, the day after I talked with Grand Design about shipping, I received a call from my dealer saying they were notified that it was picked up by the transport company. My dealer, Northgate RV in Ringgold, GA, had it 2 days later.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy2546 View Post
    Called GD the other day to get an update on our build because God knows, General RV sure as hell won't do anything. I was told that our unit off line date has been pushed back to mid January now and then still have to wait an additional 4 weeks for full body paint. That would put delivery at over 6 months so if you are trying to order a unit from scratch prepare yourself for a long wait.
    6 months isn't too bad for a FBP unit. We've been quoting 7 months for half of 2021....
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123