Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2022.5 model 341rds ordered

First, I will admit I am not the posting type of guy but feel the need after my recent experience. This site is great and I have learned so much over the past few years, so thank you for sharing your knowledge. Recently I sold my 2017 297rsts TT to move up to a 5th wheel (Grandchildren now). We were so happy owning the TT with hardly any issues another GD was on the top of list.
    So, I will give the short story:
    - Originally we wanted the 31MB but then decided the 340RDS was a better fit.
    - Hitch weight (advertised) was in my range but not much to spare( Had no idea about pin weight until I discovered here)
    - Bought last two TT form local dealer but they did not have this model so found 5 hours away.
    - Made the deal by phone and booked two nights hotel for delivery. (Hitch was 6 hour job for BW turn over ball and Andersen)
    - Going through PDI late afternoon using list from this site and everything went well until the "Build Sheet" ( again no idea until I read here)
    - Hitch weight for my until was 700lb heavier and over my payload. ( Another post read on here to be cautious about)
    - Dealership contacted GD rep and learned the 340 had been redesigned to 341 and pin weights off production line were lower. ( no issue for people with more payload than me)
    - So now I have a 341 on order due off production line next month but let's see. I will say the dealership along with GD both stepped up and made me a happy customer in the end.
    My only fear is if the quality will be as good as my 2017 which I being optimistic right now.

Just want to share my experience and thank everyone for their helpful posts
    Mike and LA
    2022 341RDS
    2017 Reflection 297rsts (sold)
    2011 Duramax 2500

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure that you are clear on the "hitch weight" and what you should be looking at. The advertised weights in the brochures and on the build sheets are derived from the weights of an unloaded trailer. The web site lists the weights of both trailers to be close. Also both show over 3000# of cargo capacity. GVWR - UVW = CCC, If you take the GVWR of 13995# and figure a conservative 20% as the hitch weight you could be in the neighborhood of 2800# sitting over the rear axles of your truck. Does your yellow door sticker show you have that payload?
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 09-30-2021 at 03:31 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well my sticker is at 2603 so looks like i will still be over. I guess I was going by the GD rep saying the build sheet for 341's off the line was at 2050 unloaded instead for 2700lbs like the one I went to pick up. What you stated makes sense so now I am little worried. He mentioned they moved the axles forward in this model and to help with pin weight.
    Mike and LA
    2022 341RDS
    2011 Duramax 2500

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Revis1986 View Post
    Well my sticker is at 2603 so looks like i will still be over. I guess I was going by the GD rep saying the build sheet for 341's off the line was at 2050 unloaded instead for 2700lbs like the one I went to pick up. What you stated makes sense so now I am little worried. He mentioned they moved the axles forward in this model and to help with pin weight.
    What I gave as an example is a good way to "guesstimate" the hitch weight. After I got my 260RD I looked at the build sheet weights vs the brochure and they were close. I went directly to the scale to verify and was pleasantly surprised to see all within 10# of the scale weight. The published hitch weight on mine was at 18% of unloaded weight and since loading and scaling to verify that percentage has worked with the loaded weight too. The 341RL published hitch weight is 19% of UVW. With a little luck and careful loading you might just squeak under or be darn close. The only way to be certain is to weigh on a scale.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you and I appreciate it. Yes, that was my main problem. The difference for unloaded weight on build sheet and published weight was huge. Truck is just paid for so no option there.
    Mike and LA
    2022 341RDS
    2011 Duramax 2500

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you and I appreciate it. Yes, that was my main problem. The difference for unloaded weight on build sheet and published weight was huge. Truck is just paid for so no option there.
    Take it to the scales and make sure that the tanks are empty. I did a little research on the 310GK placards that were listed on-line and the UVW was all over the map (by hundreds of lbs) according to placards, even though they were optioned mostly the same. I called GD and asked them why. Their response is that they weigh right after they fill tanks for test and the tanks are not always empty when they weigh the units - and that is what goes on the placard. What got me was the advertised UVW was 944 lbs over the listed UVW (12,100 vs 13,044 placard) at one we actually looked and which I'm sure was not the close to the weight of the outdoor kitchen option. GD does not measure hitch weight.
    Last edited by ajg617; 09-30-2021 at 06:13 PM.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that 2603 is what is on your sticker you can guarantee the true payload is even less than that

Load up the truck ready to camp and go weigh it. Only takes 5 minutes

I would guess with a hitch and passengers you are closer to 2000
    You will be over the limits of your truck
    You refer to the “unloaded” pin weight but no one camps empty

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload