User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello from Mid Michigan

My wife and I are only a couple of years away from retirement and we are looking to go full time. We currently own a Class A gas rv but thinking of a 5th wheel. I looked at the GD Momentum 376THS! Love the idea of room for a golf cart in the back. Any help thoughts would be great. We have been RVing for 25 years.

KC

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You probably already know this, but the 376TH loaded will put between 4,000 and 4,500 lbs. on the pin - well into 1-ton or greater dual rear wheel territory for the tow vehicle. Do you play golf or are you just thinking about the golf car as transportation around the campground?

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes we will more than likely get a Ford F350/F450 as we get A plan. Golf cart is for campgrounds we don't play.

KC

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We pull our fifth wheel with a F-350 dually and love it. Plenty of tow capacity and able to control well in sticky situations on the road. We are in the process of ordering a new F-450, now although many similarities to the F-350 dually there are a couple of items that I really like. First, larger breaks front and rear and in heavy stop and go traffic, makes a difference. Secondly is the turning radius on the F-450 is much sharper as they use a different front axle setup. I think it’s about 7’ of turning radius better, which makes it easier to maneuver in tighter areas.

2014 F-350 Dually
    2016 Momentum 351 M-class

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased our Momentum 367ths at the end of June 2021. We love it! We have a standard 4 seat golf cart, and found that it is a pretty tight fit. My husband literally crawls from the front seat over the back to get out. Securing it has been another issue altogether. We thought we had it locked down pretty well, but when we opened it on the first trip our hearts sunk. There are 2 large spots where the golf cart frame hit the door repeatedly. Not sure how we'll repair it. We're looking at selling our current golf cart to purchase a cricket, or something similar in size. We feel that would give us the room to get in and out, as well as securing it to the floor better.

Safe travels!