Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a question to assuage my curiosity: You said your TPMS was down to 33 PSI, didn't it alarm before that pressure? And if it didn't, what brand is it so I can avoid it?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Just a question to assuage my curiosity: You said your TPMS was down to 33 PSI, didn't it alarm before that pressure? And if it didn't, what brand is it so I can avoid it?
    Yeah, good question - We had just left 10 minutes ago and I had noticed that tire looked a little low so I was watching it. In hindsight, I should have manually checked pressure.

We have TireLinc and I use the app and the standalone monitor with the alarm and button. This system is OK but it often takes some time to show a reading - especially on the rear right tire which is farthest away from the repeater. It seems like it needs to get moving (warm up, change pressure) and this often takes 3-5 minutes after starting a drive. So I was watching on my app (wife was driving) and the first reading I got was 33 PSI. I honestly don't recall if the monitor beeped or not. We sometimes forget to plug it in and I bet I didn't plug it in that day since I was watching it so close on my phone. If it's not plugged in, that means I have to press the button to get an alarm.

Overall, I was happy that the status came up on the monitor after a couple minutes of driving and we were able to get off the highway. I wouldn't give this system 4 stars though because of the delays and the system often taking minutes to get a signal from the pressure monitors. It could be the setup - where the repeater is in relation to the monitor, etc. But our RV is only 33ft so I would think it is closer than some other setups.
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 278BH - 150 Series 5th Wheel
    2020 Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds kind of like our TST in that it takes it a few minutes to connect with all the sensors. I usually turn it on when I first start hitching up so it will be connected when we finally do get going.

The good thing is you caught it before any damage was done. And believe me a tire blowout can cause some serious damage.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Sounds kind of like our TST in that it takes it a few minutes to connect with all the sensors. I usually turn it on when I first start hitching up so it will be connected when we finally do get going.
    I do the same. I have a Vesafe system. I don't think the distance that makes it take a few minutes, I think it's time to receive and process the signals.
    I had a sensor on the spare of my truck and it took the same time to register on the monitor as the spare on the trailer.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE:

Thanks again for all your input. I decided to get a new tire put on. I got a new Radar Angler Tire put on for about $100. Most of the US-made brands are not available right now so I couldn't get a replacement Goodyear tire. I did some research and this brand has mostly good reviews. Even the Westlake tires (my spare tire) that have a bad reputation have mostly good reviews. I'm sure there are bad tires and low-quality brands, but I also am guessing that a lot of people overload them and don't maintain the tires well which leads to issues.

I've been riding on the spare and plan to change the tire at my next stop to the new tire which is mounted on the original wheel. Then I'll just put the spare back in place where it goes.

I'm sure it's not ideal to have 1 new tire and 3 original tires with 15k miles but I haven't heard anything from anyone that tells me it's a horrible idea. A few tire places did advise against trying to repair the wheel and put it back on the trailer.
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 278BH - 150 Series 5th Wheel
    2020 Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12