User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking about 2500RL

OK, here's my story. 18 months ago I lost my house and TT to a tornado. I had an Open Range 2410RL which I liked alot. This summer I was in the market for a new camper and because of supply and an upcoming event I purchased a Rockwood 2606WS. Lots of good features including solar system and 12v fridge, two A/C units, outside griddle. What I didn't care for was mainly the rear bath, just personal choice. So now I'm looking at buying the Imagine 2500RL which is about the same size but with center bath. I know I'm gonna take a big hit on my brand new, one trip Rockwood Ultra Lite. A couple of questions I have, the Rockwood has 3 AC ducts in the bedroom and the Imagine only one. Is it sufficient to keep the bedroom cool? Has anyone installed the RV airflow system in their Imagine and did it help? Also other than hanging a regular shower curtain, is the squeegee shower door a big pain or something you get used to using that gets easier with practice? anything else that might sway me to keep what I have? Thanks for any information

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2500RL is a perfect couple design. Great I open feeling in the salon. Tons of storage. 2 doors and a large bathroom.

Air conditioner at 15000 btu is plenty to keep it cool. 10 cubic ft reefer is more than adequate.
    Light Poplar woods make the interior m

Airflow is adequate.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We hung a shower curtain as the squeegee curtain design is bizzare.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasDuke View Post
    OK, here's my story. 18 months ago I lost my house and TT to a tornado. I had an Open Range 2410RL which I liked alot. This summer I was in the market for a new camper and because of supply and an upcoming event I purchased a Rockwood 2606WS. Lots of good features including solar system and 12v fridge, two A/C units, outside griddle. What I didn't care for was mainly the rear bath, just personal choice. So now I'm looking at buying the Imagine 2500RL which is about the same size but with center bath. I know I'm gonna take a big hit on my brand new, one trip Rockwood Ultra Lite. A couple of questions I have, the Rockwood has 3 AC ducts in the bedroom and the Imagine only one. Is it sufficient to keep the bedroom cool? Has anyone installed the RV airflow system in their Imagine and did it help? Also other than hanging a regular shower curtain, is the squeegee shower door a big pain or something you get used to using that gets easier with practice? anything else that might sway me to keep what I have? Thanks for any information
    We love the squeegee door
    Zero issues with 4 people using it daily for 7 weeks

Furrion is the AC installed on Grand Design trailers and currently there isn’t a RV airflow available
    I suppose you could fabricate your own

I personally would keep what you have. The quality in materials of a Rockwood vs an Imagine are noticeable
    Fake wood cabinets in Imagines is the biggest difference. They tend to warp
    Plus there are many standard options on your trailer not on Imagine
    I think you would find it a step back honestly

Goodluck in your decision

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the 2970RL and love it. We have the squeegee door and have no problems with it. It does take some practice. I can do it with my eyes closed now. Which they still are most mornings.

As for the AC vent in the bedroom . . . I'm going to go with a qualified NO. If you run the bedroom AC it is sufficient. If you run the salon AC not so much. I have the RV Airflow installed in both.

We struggle with night time cooling. We prefer to run the salon AC when sleeping for noise purposes. When we do it cools the salon really well but then kicks off but the bedroom is not cool enough. I am considering two things to resolve this 1) install another vent in the BR, or 2) install closable vents in the salon to redirect more of the air to the BR at night.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. I don't really use it for camping (not that I never will) but I use it to go to table shuffleboard tournaments for a place to sleep, clean up and relax. I'm always plugged in so don't really need the solar setup, don't do any grilling outside etc. Another thing about the Rockwood, the stated hitch weight is 908 lbs, which is a lot higher than most others in that under 30' size. I have Blue Ox, had 550 lb bars and purchased 1000lb bars but haven't used them yet to see if they make a difference.
    Sitting inside the Imagine, it is much more open with lots more windows.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. I don't really use it for camping (not that I never will) but I use it to go to table shuffleboard tournaments for a place to sleep, clean up and relax. I'm always plugged in so don't really need the solar setup, don't do any grilling outside etc. Another thing about the Rockwood, the stated hitch weight is 908 lbs, which is a lot higher than most others in that under 30' size. I have Blue Ox, had 550 lb bars and purchased 1000lb bars but haven't used them yet to see if they make a difference.
    Sitting inside the Imagine, it is much more open with lots more windows.
    High hitch weight is good
    It means they placed the axles in a good place

After loaded the Imagine will be 900 plus

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the information, I've decided to stay with my Rockwood for now, it has lots of features I'd be giving up, but I still love the 2500rl floorplan.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My brother and his wife have a 2500RL and love it. For fact they are on a 4 or 5 week vacation going up the east coast to Nova Scotia.

We have an Imagine 2970 RL and we have no problem cooling the bed room even if it's 90+ degrees and humid. And we have just one a/c unit. We set the temp to 64 at night and turn the fan to on, so the a/c fan is constantly running. It makes for constant air flow and a bit of white noise.

One issue we have with our squeegee shower door is that the squeegee flap thing keeps opening. I need to figure out a good way to secure that.