Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulCalvin View Post
    Two part question

1.Anyone using the Andersen ultimate hitch with a turning point pin box and how well does it tow?

Thanks
    Paul
    I am using an Andersen hitch, but not the turning point pin box. I have read issues but the main issue is annual maintenance. There is a very large bearing in that turn assembly that requires disassembly of the turn box to pack the bearing. I had a short bed pick-up at the time and with the setback of the hitch and the cup attached to the fifth wheel pin, I did not need to use the turning pin set up and would had not considered it. I keep the turning pin box locked and have the cup for Anderson attached to the standard 5th wheel hitch pin. Hope that makes sense!
    Last edited by terryriddle; 10-16-2021 at 03:23 PM.
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulCalvin View Post
    Yes I understand that, but I beleive some are using the andersen with the turning point pin in locked position.
    The Turning Point pin box needs to be LOCKED in place. Verify with Andersen they have a customer support # on their web page. The Turning Point pin box cannot be swapped out for anything else as the side mounting bolts are not standard and the one company that made a replacement stopped about 3 years ago.
    Since the OP has been towing with the hitch for some time I'd say the point is moot re: a Lippert warranty, if such a thing exists.
    I inquired with Lippert when I got mine They would not commit to a yes but didn't say no either, only they do not recommend it. I do think the Magnuson-Moss Act applies to RV's too! Remember Lippert makes / sells pin boxes and hitches. Andersen was well aware of this and offers a warranty.
    The reports of failures are stuff of urban legend. If you really look into it you would find there were MANY extenuating circumstances that any hitch would have given way on. I'm an Engineer as well and I'm sure Andersen has spent time testing and evaluating to prove it sufficient to their claims. The only thing I would like to have seen done is the aluminum tubes cut to fit retaining their round shape rather than crimped at the ends to make the butts for welding, but that's my OCD on that.
    I have towed over 17500 miles with an Andersen Ultimate and the Turning Point pin box. Not to jinx myself but it's one of the few things that has been trouble free.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 10-16-2021 at 03:27 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I have towed over 17500 miles with an Andersen Ultimate and the Turning Point pin box. Not to jinx myself but it's one of the few things that has been trouble free."

I just towed home a new fifth with the turning point. Andersen had advised only to keep the hitch locked.
    2015 F250 4x4 CC PSD
    2015 GD Reflection 303RLS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12