Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
Regarding the Vision Works camera. I have an F150 with 22' MLE (this is not a long distance configuration). I thought based on reviews and spending what I felt was a lot of $$ on a camera, I would have a very reliable system. Well, it's awesome when you are sitting still. Here's my thought; maybe for a tractor moving at 2 mph, it's awesome and that why the AG industry loves this setup? But at 65mph on the freeway this thing is choppy, freezes, loses the signal so the monitor goes black for a second, re-establishes signal, comes back on, then freezes, etc., etc., etc.,.

I would say it's a very expensive "better than nothing" solution, but for the money, save it. I did contact Techno RV (where I purchased it) to find out if there is anything to be done (such as a repeater antenna or something). They quickly responded to let me know they would get in touch with Vision Works and I would get a call from them directly. That was 10 days ago. I plan to reach out directly to VW but have been traveling and haven't taken the time yet. I really wish this was a great system, but it just isn't. After having a motorhome with a wired system, I'm convinced that's the only good solution. I haven't seen any reviews of a wireless system that would make me want to put $400 out again - ever. Not after being convinced this was going to be the answer.

Take from that what you will.
Hey all. It's been awhile on this one but I wanted to provide an update. I did eventually speak with Cody at Vision Works. He was great to work with. On occasion there can be issues with interference from all the electronics or various other reasons. He sent me a remote antenna to mount further up on the roof of the RV along with a ferrite ring to place on the cable near the monitor. That worked. No more freeze ups or signal loss. I'm now very happy with the system and planning to purchase the side marker cameras even though they are expensive - I nearly caused damage at the gas pump a couple of weeks ago, so I think it would be worth the money.

The antenna installation was very simple. Just remove the original antenna from the camera, screw in the remote antenna connector, run the cable along the roof and use good 3M UVF tape on the antenna mount (I prefer this method as opposed to screws). I always use marine adhesive caulking on my RVs, so I just use dabs of that every few feet to hold the cable in place. easy peasy.

I feel much better about my investment in the Vision Works system now. Maybe it shouldn't require a remote antenna, but whatever works. And the fact that VW provided the troubleshooting and additional antenna, ferrite, etc., free of charge says a lot about the company. Hope that sets the record straight...