User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good for your wife. You should be proud of her.

Reminds me when my wife. Prior to owning the RV my “hobby” was flying airplanes. My wife was petrified of heights, told me she wanted to get a pilots license. This is the woman that was reading the Bible as we were taxiing out and as soon as wheels were off the ground she would close her eyes, grab the seat belt and shoulder harness and not open hr eyes until we were back on the ground.

A year later she got her pilots license and was talking our plane with our 12 year old daughter for a ride, leaving me on the ground.

Then when I bought a motorcycle she didn’t want to ride on the back. She took local motorcycle training course to get her endorsement and insisted I buy her her own motorcycle which I did.

She loved her job an ER nurse. Maybe her personality thrives on having control.

But she has no desire to take on driving duties with the RV. Go figure!
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Mrs. B" was going to help me drive on our trip to Alaska. She drove 50 miles in Michigan and 50 miles again in N Dakota. She still talks about how she helped me drive on our 12,000 mile trip.
    Norb
    Upstate NY
    2020 Imagine 2800BH
    2013 Keystone Bullet 23BHS
    2015 Sportcraft AR-ONE 25BH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrbsrsr View Post
    "Mrs. B" was going to help me drive on our trip to Alaska. She drove 50 miles in Michigan and 50 miles again in N Dakota. She still talks about how she helped me drive on our 12,000 mile trip.
    Yes, well…. My wife tells me if I can get her going straight on the highway she will drive. So far she has driven 0 miles on our trips. I guess she wants me to slide out the door to my left as she slides in…
    Leo & Cathy
    2021 Solitude 390 RK
    2017 F350 DRW Longbed

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    Good for your wife. You should be proud of her.

Reminds me when my wife. Prior to owning the RV my “hobby” was flying airplanes. My wife was petrified of heights, told me she wanted to get a pilots license. This is the woman that was reading the Bible as we were taxiing out and as soon as wheels were off the ground she would close her eyes, grab the seat belt and shoulder harness and not open hr eyes until we were back on the ground.

A year later she got her pilots license and was talking our plane with our 12 year old daughter for a ride, leaving me on the ground.

Then when I bought a motorcycle she didn’t want to ride on the back. She took local motorcycle training course to get her endorsement and insisted I buy her her own motorcycle which I did.

She loved her job an ER nurse. Maybe her personality thrives on having control.

But she has no desire to take on driving duties with the RV. Go figure!
    Yes I'm very proud of her. She took me camping, doing everything on the way down including setting up at the campground. On the way home I drove the first half. She drove the rest of the way home. She even backed it around the house into the backyard and backed it into the tracks we made when we left. She did a great job backing it into place.

You have a great story about your wife. Reminds me buying us e-bikes this spring. 4" fat tires with a 1,000 watt motors. We had been riding regular bicycles for a little while then she took her e-bike around the front yard for the first time. I thought she was going to kill herself. Now we blast down the muddy dirt roads, along the surf at the beach and through the woods. Great fun.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Nrbsrsr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lc1496 View Post
    Yes, well…. My wife tells me if I can get her going straight on the highway she will drive. So far she has driven 0 miles on our trips. I guess she wants me to slide out the door to my left as she slides in…
    I think the trick for hesitant wives is to let them make a series of short drives. Increasing the distance every time. Eventually they'll be driving half the distance without realizing it.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just haven't been brave enough to let my wife pull the camper. She scares the hell out of me riding with her in her 4Runner. She has pulled the boat with her 4Runner while I pulled the camper once.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CONGRATULATIONS! We’re headed back to Mountain View next week, maybe we will see you. Congrats on your new Rig and TV, nice upgrade!
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12