User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mrs skreef Took Me Camping This Week

That's right Mrs skreef aka Susan (my wife) took me camping this week. She discounted the 5er from the house, pulled in the slides and got it ready for travel. She hooked it up to the truck and drove it to the campground (fuel stop along the way). She parked in in our awesome site and unhooked it from the truck. Hooked up the electric, water and sewer. Meanwhile I put out the slides and setup the inside. Basically we switched roles for this camping trip.

Mrs skreef did a great job managing the 5er and truck. I was comfortable enough I even got in a quick nap on the way to the campground. We've wanted her to try switching roles so she could manage everything in case something happened to me while camping. We can now travel farther in a day since we can split the driving.

Check out this campsite we got down near Jekyll Island. Huge is not a big enough word. That class A you see in the background is my sister. She's the nearest campsite to ours. We are here for a week. I have a few special meals planned that I'll post in a week or so once we get back.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dbl14.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	37006
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ckreef View Post
    That's right Mrs skreef aka Susan (my wife) took me camping this week. She discounted the 5er from the house, pulled in the slides and got it ready for travel. She hooked it up to the truck and drove it to the campground (fuel stop along the way). She parked in in our awesome site and unhooked it from the truck. Hooked up the electric, water and sewer. Meanwhile I put out the slides and setup the inside. Basically we switched roles for this camping trip.

Mrs skreef did a great job managing the 5er and truck. I was comfortable enough I even got in a quick nap on the way to the campground. We've wanted her to try switching roles so she could manage everything in case something happened to me while camping. We can now travel farther in a day since we can split the driving.

Check out this campsite we got down near Jekyll Island. Huge is not a big enough word. That class A you see in the background is my sister. She's the nearest campsite to ours. We are here for a week. I have a few special meals planned that I'll post in a week or so once we get back.

Awesome job! Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is awesome!!! Great job!
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems you are keeping this "awesome" campsite's location a secret. Care to share? If I were at the house on Blythe Island I'd give a wave.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats to your wife and finding that spot.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    It seems you are keeping this "awesome" campsite's location a secret. Care to share? If I were at the house on Blythe Island I'd give a wave.
    Deep Bend Landing. It's a small private owned campground on the Satilla river about 40 miles outside of Jekyll Island. I believe they have 14 sites and a few cabins. A few of the sites are river front sites. All there sites are large sites with some of them really huge. I paced off our site this morning and it's roughly 1/4 acre. My sisters site is about 1/2 that size. It really depends on where you want to call the sites boundaries but that should give you an idea of how big they are.

The campground is only a 3 hour drive from the house. We came here last year and had a huge river front site. The other nice feature it was only $180 for the week. We'll be back again.

Shhhh don't tell anyone
    Charles and Susan

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Susan... You go girl !!
    Now she is ready for a girls week out.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    X4 - great idea and well done ! Not sure Carol would ever want to do this as in our conversations about it to this point, no desire at all !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Susan... You go girl !!
    Now she is ready for a girls week out.
    Funny you say that - ha ha (full sarcasm)

After she got us to the campground and got everything setup she realized that it's not really difficult. The most physically demanding part was dealing with the front 5er landing pads with the adjustment pin. Even hooking up with our inbed camera is pretty easy to do by yourself.

Kicked back at the campground drinking a cup of coffee, the satisfaction of a job well done she said something along the lines of "Now I can take my sisters camping."

Not sure what I think of that idea.
    Charles and Susan

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure what I think of that idea.
    Just don't think......You'll get used to it
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast