User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richter View Post
    Why is that?
    My BIL used the antifreeze one year... took him the next two or three seasons to get the taste out of the system. He has used compressed air ever since.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    My BIL used the antifreeze one year... took him the next two or three seasons to get the taste out of the system. He has used compressed air ever since.

Rob
    That seems odd to me. But I've always sanitized with bleach each spring, including filling the fresh water tank. I always let it sit overnight and then run water through the lines for 5 minutes and fill and empty the fresh water a couple of times. Never had an issue with taste of antifreeze or bleach after that.

All water that goes into the system is done through a Clear2o dual canister filter and then drinking water goes through a Brita filter for drinking. I don't fill through the gravity fill except when sanitizing. The water has zero taste of anything. Even my wife approves and she is especially finicky when it comes to her drinking water.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why don't you open the dump valve to empty the fresh tank and then run the pump (in the Dry Camping setting) until the lines are clear? When we used to winterize, I used compressed air and blew all the lines instead of using antifreeze (still used antifreeze in the P-traps and toilet). You could go that route with the system set for filling the fresh tank.

Rob
    Hi
    Rob,
    I see you have a residential frig, if it has an ice maker like mine, the only way I know of to winterize it is to use antifreeze. My 2012 Phaeton had an ice maker and I had to leave it on and wait for the pink slush. I always use antifreeze on my RV and never had a problem. I don't drink the water, we drink only bottled water and use the same in the coffee machine.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why don't you open the dump valve to empty the fresh tank and then run the pump (in the Dry Camping setting) until the lines are clear? When we used to winterize, I used compressed air and blew all the lines instead of using antifreeze (still used antifreeze in the P-traps and toilet). You could go that route with the system set for filling the fresh tank.

Rob
    What Rob said is what we do. I use a brass blow out plug in "City Water" mode with 45 lbs PSI and open up the sinks, shower. (After draining low points)

This is after emptying the fresh water tank, water heater and running the water dry out of the water pump in Dry Camp mode, with low points open.

Some pink stuff in the P traps and call it good.

The reason we don't use antifreeze in the lines is because we head south in Nov and there is no sense in winterizing it for 7 weeks.

We did this same process with our previous 5th wheel and have had no issues.
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it a good idea to leave some antifreeze sitting in the toilet bowl to keep the seal from drying out?
    I do use regulated 40 PSI air to blow out the lines and as Second Chance commented on pouring antifreeze in the P-traps. Never had any issues to date with this method.

Dutchman2

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My thought would be to make sure the antifreeze you put in the toilet bowl is not alcohol based. Alcohol can wreak havoc with some seals.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have always poured some extra antifreeze in the toilet as well as the p-traps. Never had a seal problem with any of the 8 rigs I've done this with over the years. Hope I haven't just jinxed myself. Winterized the 31MB late last week and it's snowing as I write this. Just in time here in the Colorado high country.
    2021 Reflection 31MB
    2022 Cougar Half Ton 29RLI
    2023 RAM Laramie 2500 Crew Cab CTD 4X4
    Demco Slider Hitch, MorRyde Pin Box

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12