Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KDRunner View Post
    Exactly how mime were. Pulled apart.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    Ditto on our rig from our last trip. What type connectors did you go back with? Is there a better wire anchor that could be used to hold the wire connectors firmly against the carpet? Looked to me the lower part of the bed frame hung the connector tearing it from the wires when slide was in motion. As a result the bedroom reading lights were not working. Easy fix just need some insight to the best solution to resolve and not have it happen again.

Thanks,
    Dutchman2
    Jim & Patricia
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2024 GMC 3500HD CC-SRW-SB Duramax

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine was fixed at dealer under warranty. Was 3rd time. Thus tech Said won't happen again. He connected it better but I haven't taken the panel put to see what he exactly did. If it happens again I know where to look.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick update on this issue. Prepping for another trip I dug into the bedroom slide reading lights not working. As reported in several other posts it was the wire connector that had been ripped apart from the wires. Had to take apart the bed to gain access. First lesson learned was to remove the mattress and then lift plywood panel so you can easily remove the struts and then remove the plywood. To much strut pressure to fight - trust me! I then removed the lower storage area plywood floor. I had to pull the back side storage support bar off first and then the paneling to gain access. to my surprise the support bar was only stapled into the paneling and was already pulled out in places. Once I had access it first looked to me that each time the slide was moved in or out a support bar for the bed was set too low and hanging up on the wire connectors as there are several located in one central area and sticking up. I then noticed on the panel lower section witness marks showing the panel was actually hanging lower that the support bar! With a sawzall I simply cut a slot in the support bar and then did the same with a Dremel to the panel. This allowed for proper clearance so the connectors would clear as the slide moved in and out. I also added an additional wooden brace across the top of the support bar to help stiffen the area I cut out as well as give the storage support brace a solid backing to staple back into. Hope this helps with anyone else with the same issue. I will attach a few pictures. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2328.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	41924Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2333.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	41925

Dutchman2
    Jim & Patricia
    2021 Reflection 337RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I learned same lesson when I took the bed apart and the struts sent the bed flying and bent hinge. I hope Grand Design has fixed this bad design/installation on this.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I learned same lesson when I took the bed apart and the struts sent the bed flying and bent hinge. I hope Grand Design has fixed this bad design/installation on this.
    It's crazy that GD didn't just leave the wires longer and make that same splice in the ceiling of the storage compartment directly below. They could have just used a cheap JB on the ceiling below and only taken the 2 pair of wires up thru the hole... hell even just a flying splice with wire nuts hanging below would have been a better solution!
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now my legs went out on the outside bedroom slide outside. Under bed again head area wires tucked down in. Not connected, strange thing was I couldn't find any type of connecter lying around. Maybe wires were just twisted together!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230601_141018.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	46633

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lights...not legs

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now my legs went out on the outside bedroom slide outside. Under bed again head area wires tucked down in. Not connected, strange thing was I couldn't find any type of connecter lying around. Maybe wires were just twisted together!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230601_141018.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	46633
    I would have expected to find a WAGO 221 connector laying around in the area. Not sure what would have hung that connector when the bedroom slide is moving? From the picture the bare wire that are visible looks very straight. If it was just twisted together I would think both bare ends would show a twisted state. Easy fix, Just a pain to have to do something that should never be an issue.

Dutchman2
    Jim & Patricia
    2021 Reflection 337RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, easy fix, just pain getting access to it. Wires are tucked in little space there, maybe connector hiding in there. I don't think that spot is subject to moving like the over head lights wiring were that are at the foot of the bed. Took 3 years of traveling for this to disconnect. I just hope none of the AC wiring is this way. I have dug into a lot of that with my re wiring for solar, lithium, Multiplus, cerbo, ect. Cobweb of wiring!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, easy fix, just pain getting access to it. Wires are tucked in little space there, maybe connector hiding in there. I don't think that spot is subject to moving like the over head lights wiring were that are at the foot of the bed. Took 3 years of traveling for this to disconnect. I just hope none of the AC wiring is this way. I have dug into a lot of that with my re wiring for solar, lithium, Multiplus, cerbo, ect. Cobweb of wiring!

The problem is the tight space that the spliced wires needs to fit through as the slideout goes over top of them. My solution was to reattach the wires as flat as possible to the floor and carefully cut out some of the bottom wood framing on the rear of the storage compartment.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20221024_180715.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	46707

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20221024_175052.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	46708
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS