User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will have to go to our storage lot and take a picture.
    Our 260RD 5er, did not come with a battery, but did have a plastic battery box in the front storage compartment meant for a single 12v battery. The box is built into the floor and hangs down through the floor half way, the top half of the box is meant to be unscrewed so you can get to the battery. On the day of pick up at the dealer I removed the top of the battery box and the vent tube. I installed a Moeller Marine GC2 6v side by side battery box over and directly on top of the bottom factory box and screwed it into the metal floor. I then installed 2-Full River 6v GC2 224-6 AGM batteries orienting 1 pos & 1 neg terminal post of each battery towards the rear of the storage compartment as that is were the factory wiring is as well as the wiring for the solar. I then connected the remaining pos/neg post from each battery together using a short battery 6" cable made for connecting 2-6v batteries together, to achieve 1 battery bank at 12v.

I purchased the Moeller GC2 battery box on-line from Wholesale Marine. See attached Pic
    I purchased the batteries from a local distributer and picked them up so no freight. See attached pic.

Someone posted earlier that AGM batteries are heavier than Lithium Ion, which is true, these batteries weigh 60lbs ea. So that is an additional 120 in the front of our trailer.

We have dry camped for 7 days with solar and never went under 20% discharge, so for now we will stick with the 2 AGM's. One day we would like to install and invertor, when we do that we will upgrade to Lithium batteries, increase the battery bank size and split the battery bank, so the batteries are located on both sides of the front storage. If i add 4 AGM 6-v up front the weight would be 240lbs of batteries. I think the lithium would be half of that.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Moeller GC2 battery Box.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	37202
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DC224-6-1-1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	37200
    Last edited by rbolam; 10-14-2021 at 04:39 PM. Reason: typo
    2021 GD 150 Series Reflection 260RD, Lifted 3" with solar. Lippert Turning Point Pin Box. 300watt Inverter. TV = 2021 4wd Ram 2500 Laramie Crew Cab I6 Cummins Diesel, 6'4" bed, Curt A16 puck system, Custom Bed Tank.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a bunch, that's a good explanation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12