User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachcamper View Post
    It was disheartening to me as well but made perfect sense. Remember, your main floor is held up by aluminum tubes that are welded and these welds may or may not be welded correctly. And subject to that much water sloshing might fail. Just wish they made baffled tanks.

One option I have is bringing a collapsible water bladders in the bed of the truck and then fill up at camp for those boondocking trips.
    I do not believe the aluminum floor studs have anything to do with supporting the tanks.... At least none of my trailers have been built like that.. I cannot even imagine how that would work.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was disheartening to me as well but made perfect sense. Remember, your main floor is held up by aluminum tubes that are welded and these welds may or may not be welded correctly. And subject to that much water sloshing might fail. Just wish they made baffled tanks.

One option I have is bringing a collapsible water bladders in the bed of the truck and then fill up at camp for those boondocking trips.
    The straps that hold up the fresh and waste tanks are fastened to the steel chassis beams on either side.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I boondock 100%. I have been traveling with full tanks over 25 years. My momentum holds 155 gallons FW. I will travel with full tanks. I have had the under belly off for another reason, and I was satsified with the install on the FW tanks.

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would they put such large tanks if it's not recommended to travel with water? Isn't that the whole idea of them, to BRING water with you becauseyou won't have water where you're going, i.e. travel with full tank. Are you not supposed to travel with Grey or black tanks full at all?

FWIW, I have over 7,000 miles on my trailer in 5 months, and mearly all travel has been with fresh water, usually pretty close to full or at least 50% full. No issues yet and have 155 gallon tank. It does eat up payload though.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    I do not believe the aluminum floor studs have anything to do with supporting the tanks.... At least none of my trailers have been built like that.. I cannot even imagine how that would work.
    That is not what I meant. Yes the tank sits on straps that are attached to steel frame. Above the tank is the main floor and that main floor is supported by aluminum tubing. The tank can bounce up or down when you hit some rough areas of roads. And may damage those areas above it or suspension below.
    Vivian
    2018 Reflection 303rls
    2018 Ford F-350 SRW Diesel

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is not what I meant. Yes the tank sits on straps that are attached to steel frame. Above the tank is the main floor and that main floor is supported by aluminum tubing. The tank can bounce up or down when you hit some rough areas of roads. And may damage those areas above it or suspension below.
    I do not think this is a concern at anything close to legal speeds. I suppose the Dukes of hazard might be able to do it. But I am not wooried about it.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickLight View Post
    I wish I had even your first tank straps. I considered doing something like this but had doubts about sagging straps. So here is my solution (sorry for delaying the photos), not as neat and pretty.

My fresh tank Attachment 37314, blank and gray 1 tanksAttachment 37315, gray 2 is similar but no photos.

Rick how do you plan to reattach the coroplast to the steel frame with those beam clamps, rods, and brackets hanging down like that?
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tessmanbuilders View Post
    Thanks guys! I ended up getting a new tank . I made up some new support brackets to hold the tank in better. I would some pictures. Old tank strapAttachment 37246

Attachment 37247new tank strapsAttachment 37248
    Nice clean looking work! Grand Design should take a lesson about tank support from you. Once you get the coroplast back up make up a bracket to fit your needs and relocated your freshwater tank dump valve to a more convenient access point. I extended my drain and located it behind the rear landing gear. I also extended the overflow pipe and added a valve to shut off while traveling so I don't loose any freshwater.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20211011-223624_Photos.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	37335
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tessmanbuilders View Post
    Thanks guys! I ended up getting a new tank . I made up some new support brackets to hold the tank in better. I would some pictures. Old tank strapAttachment 37246

Attachment 37247new tank strapsAttachment 37248
    Nice job... great work! Grand Design should take some tank support installation tips from you.
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12