User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Da#n mice

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSROSS View Post
    You can mix 15 to 20 % bleach to water and spray underside of trailer. The little bastards leave a pee trail for others to find there way in. The water bleach mix will mask it and keep them from finding the trail. I carry a spray bottle and spray my stabilizers and axels anytime I might be in the woods or somewhere I think they might be around. I have had good success with the electronic traps that you can get at Home Depot less messy than the snap traps.
    Bleach is corrosive to metals and can damage some plastics. I would not recommend this.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    X's 3 on the Moen's mouse mix!! We got a bunch of mice the 2nd year we had our Imagine 22970 RL. We keep our camper on our land in the woods in northern Minnesota. A friend turned me on to Moan's Mouse Mix. We put 10 little baggies around the interior of the camper and a couple in the pass through. Then when we arrive at the camper we pick up the baggies and put them in a sealed container for the weekend.
    Also, I spray the parameter ground around the camper, the levelers, and the tires with Tom Cat Rodent Repellent which also smells like spearmint. We have been mouse free ever since.

For fact, I place two plastic coffee cans with little mouse doors cut in them under the camper. Each coffee can has 3 poison blocks in them. The thought process is they will eat the poison and die before getting in the camper. I've had the same poison blocks in those coffee cans totally untouched all summer.

On the flip side, I keep the same type of coffee can with poison blocks in it where I keep my lawn tractor and mower. No Mouse Mix or Tom Cat is used there and I have to refill the poison blocks every time we come up to the camper which is every other week typically.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is our experience with mice in our 5er. We always put up our trailer clean from top to bottom and pretty much take all food out so that they have no free meals to snack on. We figured they typically got access using the front landing gear of our 295RL. Now how they got in from there was somewhat a mystery. But because they can squeeze their bodies down to fit such a small opening we figured it could be just about anywhere on the under side of the RV.

So, we tried to also seal up those pesky areas using the wide gorilla tape and foam. We also tried spraying peppermint in and around the landing gear and tires..... But they still got in. The area the they always left their droppings, was in the basement cargo pass-thru by the Nautilus. And then headed to the kitchen area and/or bathroom.

Being off road Jeepers, and having dealt with mice getting into our stored Jeep in the past, we knew that smelly products like dryer sheets typically work. So my wife came across an article that said to use Irish Spring bar soap. So we went to the dollar store and bought plastic soap dishes, drilled holes throughout the top and sides, and placed the Irish Spring bars into them. We then strategically placed the soap dishes with double stick tape on the bottom around the trailer (basement pass-thru, behind toilet, pantry floor, and under/behind the GD built in Hutch). We also placed the old school mouse traps with cheese in the black plastic molded tray by the Nautilus.

We soon caught and killed three mice. And since have not had another mouse get into our trailer (at least not seen any evidence that they were there). Because of our success, every time we store our 5er, we always set the traps just incase they decide to come back in, and occasionally check and reload with fresh cheese. No more hits!

One other thing, we are convinced that not only do they come in while our 5er is in storage, but also, can come in at campgrounds. What better place for food and opportunity for mice other than a busy campground! Have actually seen them in a few campgrounds we have been too.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by will camp for food View Post
    I have a 2019 trailer, which i've mouse proofed as best I could, but them little suckers still find a way in. I used 3 " gorilla tape to seal the underbelly polyplast to the I-beam frame, mouseproof foamed all areas where cables and hosed pass through, used 6x6 1/8" rubber squares cut out and taped where the gears and tubes from my slideout enter the trailer. I have also sealed every opening to the floor area, and boxed in all compartments within the trailer floor area. so far, no mouse has gotten in the floorspace, but I know there's activity in the underbelly. I dont want to use mouse pellets, due to the smell of dead mice. Has anyone cut their underbelly and worked from that angle? Any ideas? I saw a mouse flipper that fits on a 5 gal. bucket, and thought of engineering a way to incorporate that to the underbelly. there's room for a bucket under the trailer. Any thoughts appreciated, thanks, Gary. p.s. sorry for the long post, just wnted to explain how much I tried to mouseproof.
    If you camper is stored inside setup some mouse traps with peanut butter. I use the rolling traps on 5 gallon buckets, had 5 mice a few days ago. The mice know how to get out of the trailer, they just need a reason. If you are stored outside I doubt if this will help and just draw other animals.

I also place a roll of TP on the floor just inside the door. This won't attract mice but they will shred it for bedding. Open the door, TP still good, no mice. Chewed up you have work to do
    2021 Imagine 2800BH
    2017 Flagstaff 831CLBSS - Sold 5/2021.
    2017 F150 Super crew, 3.5EB, long bed, max tow, 1800lbs payload. Pro Pride, prior WDH Blue Ox SwayPro

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used nothing but the electronic pest repellers since 2015. I've had one mouse aparently get in, but never saw him. That was about three years ago. I have around four or five of the repellers plugged in, two in the pass-through storage area and the rest inside.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had real good results at Duck clubs putting Moth Balls in socks and attaching them in the engine compartments of ATV's and pick up trucks to stop rats. I bought the peppermint spray and am planning on trying to seal holes, spray with peppermint, and use the moth ball socks this week. Fall is the time they really go out of there way to get in and cause nasty trouble.
    2022 Soulitude 310 GK Disc Brakes, Solar, Onan LP
    2021 F350 CC LB 7.3 Godzilla, 430 Gears, B&W Companion, Morryde Pin Box, Garmin 890 RV GPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by will camp for food View Post
    I have a 2019 trailer, which i've mouse proofed as best I could, but them little suckers still find a way in. I used 3 " gorilla tape to seal the underbelly polyplast to the I-beam frame, mouseproof foamed all areas where cables and hosed pass through, used 6x6 1/8" rubber squares cut out and taped where the gears and tubes from my slideout enter the trailer. I have also sealed every opening to the floor area, and boxed in all compartments within the trailer floor area. so far, no mouse has gotten in the floorspace, but I know there's activity in the underbelly. I dont want to use mouse pellets, due to the smell of dead mice. Has anyone cut their underbelly and worked from that angle? Any ideas? I saw a mouse flipper that fits on a 5 gal. bucket, and thought of engineering a way to incorporate that to the underbelly. there's room for a bucket under the trailer. Any thoughts appreciated, thanks, Gary. p.s. sorry for the long post, just wnted to explain how much I tried to mouseproof.

If your trailer is sitting for a while - such as winter you could try attaching sticky mouse pads to your jacks or any place that the mice can crawl up to access your trailer.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use snap traps. I buy the little green blocks of poison and cut them into small chunks. I use a hot glue gun to secure them to the plate on the trap. The mice cannot take the bait and run. They stay to gnaw on it and whamo! Dead mouse. That way I don’t have to worry about traps being bait free. I put about 10 in the camper in various places. It’s so cold here that they don’t decompose and smell the place up. Of course I seal everything as good as I can and no food remains after winterization. Mice still get in.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    As I've started a couple of times, we use Moen's Mouse Mix and Mouse Free. Both use peppermint extract to keep the mice out.

I use Moen's (in the little baggies) on each of the landing gear pads and on each tire and replace them about once a month. I spray the underbelly edge and all underbelly penetrations with Mouse Free two to four times a year, depending on the amount of moisture we get.

Never had a critter inside.

P.S.: We use both of these products on the ranch, in addition to mousing cats. Kept the Moen's in the grain room (for the horses) and sprayed Mouse Free on the underside of every tractor and vehicle. Never had a mouse problem in the grain room; and never had to replace wiring, hoses, filters, etc, on any tractor or vehicle.

Yes, I swear by this stuff.

EDIT: plus, both products smell really good if you like peppermint!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I don't know if it works for mice, but I saw people swear by Peppermint to keep spiders away. It DOES NOT work! I ordered a seven dollar an ounce vile of pure peppermint oil and poured a cap full where I had spiders building and they built a nest right over the peppermint! Tried it with other things it was suppose to be good for and did not work for any of them!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PTParker View Post
    I don't know if it works for mice, but I saw people swear by Peppermint to keep spiders away. It DOES NOT work! I ordered a seven dollar an ounce vile of pure peppermint oil and poured a cap full where I had spiders building and they built a nest right over the peppermint! Tried it with other things it was suppose to be good for and did not work for any of them!
    For spiders, diatomaceous earth is supposed to work really well, sprinkle it on the ground, around the coach, and it is supposed to create a barrier that most insects won't cross. Haven't tried it yet, but that is what I was told.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast