Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Da#n mice

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Da#n mice

I have a 2019 trailer, which i've mouse proofed as best I could, but them little suckers still find a way in. I used 3 " gorilla tape to seal the underbelly polyplast to the I-beam frame, mouseproof foamed all areas where cables and hosed pass through, used 6x6 1/8" rubber squares cut out and taped where the gears and tubes from my slideout enter the trailer. I have also sealed every opening to the floor area, and boxed in all compartments within the trailer floor area. so far, no mouse has gotten in the floorspace, but I know there's activity in the underbelly. I dont want to use mouse pellets, due to the smell of dead mice. Has anyone cut their underbelly and worked from that angle? Any ideas? I saw a mouse flipper that fits on a 5 gal. bucket, and thought of engineering a way to incorporate that to the underbelly. there's room for a bucket under the trailer. Any thoughts appreciated, thanks, Gary. p.s. sorry for the long post, just wnted to explain how much I tried to mouseproof.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by will camp for food View Post
    I have a 2019 trailer, which i've mouse proofed as best I could, but them little suckers still find a way in. I used 3 " gorilla tape to seal the underbelly polyplast to the I-beam frame, mouseproof foamed all areas where cables and hosed pass through, used 6x6 1/8" rubber squares cut out and taped where the gears and tubes from my slideout enter the trailer. I have also sealed every opening to the floor area, and boxed in all compartments within the trailer floor area. so far, no mouse has gotten in the floorspace, but I know there's activity in the underbelly. I dont want to use mouse pellets, due to the smell of dead mice. Has anyone cut their underbelly and worked from that angle? Any ideas? I saw a mouse flipper that fits on a 5 gal. bucket, and thought of engineering a way to incorporate that to the underbelly. there's room for a bucket under the trailer. Any thoughts appreciated, thanks, Gary. p.s. sorry for the long post, just wnted to explain how much I tried to mouseproof.
    As I've started a couple of times, we use Moen's Mouse Mix and Mouse Free. Both use peppermint extract to keep the mice out.

I use Moen's (in the little baggies) on each of the landing gear pads and on each tire and replace them about once a month. I spray the underbelly edge and all underbelly penetrations with Mouse Free two to four times a year, depending on the amount of moisture we get.

Never had a critter inside.

P.S.: We use both of these products on the ranch, in addition to mousing cats. Kept the Moen's in the grain room (for the horses) and sprayed Mouse Free on the underside of every tractor and vehicle. Never had a mouse problem in the grain room; and never had to replace wiring, hoses, filters, etc, on any tractor or vehicle.

Yes, I swear by this stuff.

EDIT: plus, both products smell really good if you like peppermint!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    X2 on the peppermint. I use nature's care flea and tick spray. It have peppermint and cloves. I spray anything touching the ground. Mice are inevitable, you have food and they can squeeze into any little tiny space. If you see one there's probably four, I've had the best luck with trapping, Lowe's sells tomcat reusable mouse traps. Is the shape of a quarter of a circle. Load a little peanut butter into the back of it and slide it wherever you think they might crawl. I always keep four or five of them loaded and set up. I haven't had my in a few months but I still keep the traps up. These traps you can even slide a couple in the underbelly if you were inclined to do so.

Sent from my Z6750M using Tapatalk

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is your spare under the trailer. If it is drop it and you will find a big hole where the cable goes through.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ordered both, thanks for the help.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No spare with this trailer. and I have traps, but we only go every other weekend, so I need a way to get them out of the underbelly

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No spare with this trailer. and I have traps, but we only go every other weekend, so I need a way to get them out of the underbelly
    Foam and tape are not "mouse proof" by any stretch of the imagination. Rodents can chew through anything except steel (and that would probably just take them longer). The products listed by the folks above are your best best.

Forum tips: 1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification. 2) You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Is your spare under the trailer. If it is drop it and you will find a big hole where the cable goes through.
    I dropped the spare today because I hadn't considered this....sure enough, big hole where cable comes through. So whats the remedy to mouse proof that? Don't want to spray any type of expanding foam in there that will prevent the cable from lowering the spare. And the hole is much too big to put any type of steel wool in there. Now they can't really access that area unless the snow builds up in winter allowing them to access that cable area.
    2016 Chevy Silverado LT Duramax
    2022 Reflection 295RL, after owning 2 Rockwood 8289's

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyrv View Post
    I dropped the spare today because I hadn't considered this....sure enough, big hole where cable comes through. So whats the remedy to mouse proof that? Don't want to spray any type of expanding foam in there that will prevent the cable from lowering the spare. And the hole is much too big to put any type of steel wool in there. Now they can't really access that area unless the snow builds up in winter allowing them to access that cable area.
    Buy a steel mesh screen, cut it to size, and staple, tape, nail, it to the coroplast?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MoonShadow_1911; 10-04-2021 at 09:33 PM.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can mix 15 to 20 % bleach to water and spray underside of trailer. The little bastards leave a pee trail for others to find there way in. The water bleach mix will mask it and keep them from finding the trail. I carry a spray bottle and spray my stabilizers and axels anytime I might be in the woods or somewhere I think they might be around. I have had good success with the electronic traps that you can get at Home Depot less messy than the snap traps.
    2020 303RLS
    2018 Dodge 2500 Cummins
    BW Companion
    Retired and loving it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast