User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptJaC View Post
    Attachment 37056

Speaking of Nautilus system and cable inputs. What are the TWO sat cable plugs for on the right side of my Nautilus system for. I understand what the three on the left are for. I didn't see anything in the manuals.
    Anything labeled "Sat" goes straight to a TV outlet (also labeled "Sat") without going through any splitters or amplifiers. This is necessary the way portable satellite antennas and receivers work - they pass both TV signal and control voltage and signal through the same coax.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Anything labeled "Sat" goes straight to a TV outlet (also labeled "Sat") without going through any splitters or amplifiers. This is necessary the way portable satellite antennas and receivers work - they pass both TV signal and control voltage and signal through the same coax.

Rob
    Thanks for quick reply. This thread & diagram helped me to understand it more.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post225668
    Last edited by CaptJaC; 10-06-2021 at 01:36 PM.
    U.S. Air Force Retired
    2021 Solitude S-Class 3550BH-R | SumoSprings Trailer Helper Spring | Morryde Rubber Pin Box | Disk Brakes (Stop Your Trailer)
    2020 F350 | SRW | SB | Platinum | 6.7 Diesel | 4x4 | PullRite SuperGlide Hitch 20K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I am scratching my head, have the RV here at home, LR TV gets 40+ OTA channels, the BR TV gets zero. Checked the connections on back of the BR plug, loose. Checked connections on Ant Booster, loose, but still not good.

Couldn't do much to trace the wires but on back of BR TV plug I had a black for satellite and a gray for OTA.
    2021 Reflection 150 295RL
    2018 GMC 2500HD Denali Diesel 4x4

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_av8r View Post
    Well I am scratching my head, have the RV here at home, LR TV gets 40+ OTA channels, the BR TV gets zero. Checked the connections on back of the BR plug, loose. Checked connections on Ant Booster, loose, but still not good.

Couldn't do much to trace the wires but on back of BR TV plug I had a black for satellite and a gray for OTA.
    Try swapping plugs in the bedroom tv. Maybe they miss wired the cables behind the tv. Worst case it still doesn’t work.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In our 2019 295RL we do not split our cable input coming into the Nautilus when using the bedroom TV.... and we can scan the cable and TV stations just fine.

Some off topic additional TIP info:
    As for Dish, I only have one VIP 211K receiver by the Living room TV that I take the output (from 211K) and send back thru the coax TV connection on channel 3 (w/amplifier/combiner) and then can watch dish on any TV connected to a coax connection (bedroom, outside, etc). Most OTA don't use channel 3 for broadcasting. Works great!

As for controlling the dish receiver in the living room remotely, I use a IR to UHF transmitter with an IR blaster/repeater to process VIP 211 commands for on any TV. It works great as well. Same goes with the factory installed Furion stereo unit from remote locations - all (dish & Stereo) with a universal programed remote using IR to UHF transmitters. Suppose one could also control the factory installed fireplace too?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    Suppose one could also control the factory installed fireplace too?
    Yes you can! I use one of these: https://www.amazon.ca/Logitech-Harmo...3610298&sr=8-1

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungy View Post
    I do too. Those harmony remotes are great! At my lake house, I use UHF/IR MX-350 remotes with a MRF-300 receiver to control all my TVs, Marantz receiver, 8x8 Matrix, Dish, Lorex camera DVR, DVD player, computer, electric fireplace, speaker bars, etc..... Using the UHF to IR signals. UHF technology really works well in a larger home when using a centrally located stereo closet - allowing one to hide "ugly" IR equipment and wires out of sight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Red I tried that as well.
    2021 Reflection 150 295RL
    2018 GMC 2500HD Denali Diesel 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought this kit to trace what's what.
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B074CQ8THY
    2018 GD Momentum 399TH • 2019 Ford F-350 (DRW)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one of those on my 337rls and it is for the external cable plug on my slide out in case I want to watch TV outside. There is a power plug there as well. You may have a cable plug on the outside of your rig or even in the basement.
    Brian and Lori
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast