User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    ...Suppose one could also control the factory installed fireplace too?...
    We have a universal remote that came with our VP 211 Dish receiver. It is programmed for the VP211 receiver, the Furrion TV, and our old VCR (yes, we have one that still works well and have hundreds of movies recorded but only watch them while on vacation). The problem is that a lot of times, but not always, changing the channel on the TV also turns the fireplace on...
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe this will help. On my 2019 337RLS I had the same situation. After tracing the various coaxes, I determined the solution was to use the "Cable" line (never use the cable at RV parks since I have Direct TV) to run from the living room TV, through the Nautilus, to the bedroom TV. Had to put in a splitter (make sure it is a high quality splitter acceptable with Dish or Direct TV MHZ) both at the living room TV and the Nautilus. While I was at it, I added a two more cables across the basement to add an outside TV in my basement which receives both OTA and satellite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramond I only have two jacks behind my LR tv, one satellite and one cable/ota. The cable/ota one is where the ota signal comes into my tv via the antenna tek booster.
    2021 Reflection 150 295RL
    2018 GMC 2500HD Denali Diesel 4x4

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depending on how GD wired the rig, there can be a couple of splitters in between the living room booster and the bedroom television.
    And there can be coax barrel couplers in basement and underbelly that join coax cables together, so potential for loose connections on those barrel connectors.

Each splitter cuts the signal strength in half, so the bedroom television probably receives a weaker OTA signal (-7dB lower) than the living room one.
    Depending on which booster plate is used, it also has one or two splitters on its circuit board.

Since there are no OTA channels are in the bedroom, I guess its a poor coax connection, could be on front or backside of a jack plate or one of the barrel connectors.
    Maybe an outer strand of coax shield shorting out the center conductor at a connector.

Maybe GD assembly connected a cable to the wrong one or wall jack also.

Stephen@147s Solitude S-class with some arrows for normal signal flow in and out of the jacks and booster plate.
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post285259
    This may give a general idea of how your rig is wired.

The 2 TV/FM booster in Steven's diagram should only have one built in splitter that feeds the 2 TV output jacks on it.

Pict of AntennaTek 3 TV/FM booster circuit board with two ferrite splitters.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AntennaTek 3TV-FM PCB.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	37126

Splitters, 2 Out and 3 Out

Name:	Splitters 2 Way, 3 Way.jpg 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	37127
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3350RL Coax Wiring 2020-04-03.pdf  
    Last edited by gbkims; 10-11-2021 at 08:20 AM.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fez111 View Post
    We have a universal remote that came with our VP 211 Dish receiver. It is programmed for the VP211 receiver, the Furrion TV, and our old VCR (yes, we have one that still works well and have hundreds of movies recorded but only watch them while on vacation). The problem is that a lot of times, but not always, changing the channel on the TV also turns the fireplace on...
    Yea, I know what you mean. Still keep an old VCR around as well.... too many old vids on VHS and don't want to spend the time transferring to DVD... LOL!

As for the fireplace issue, never had that one. Our 5er came with the TCL 40". The remote settings for the TCL never interfered with the fireplace. We programmed a Harmony 665 remote for living room use (TCL, 211, Furion stereo, Fireplace), and then use the 211 dish universal remote for the bedroom Sony TV and same 211 with IR/UHF transmission to an IR blaster (with IR extenders) within our living room video cabinet. No cross IR issues experienced. May have something to do with the Dish remote?
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks GB, that is the best explanation yet. Getting confused here with the discussion on remote controls, did another topic get mistakenly combined with this one?

Tim

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    Depending on how GD wired the rig, there can be a couple of splitters in between the living room booster and the bedroom television.
    And there can be coax barrel couplers in basement and underbelly that join coax cables together, so potential for loose connections on those barrel connectors.

Each splitter cuts the signal strength in half, so the bedroom television probably receives a weaker OTA signal (-7dB lower) than the living room one.
    Depending on which booster plate is used, it also has one or two splitters on its circuit board.

Since there are no OTA channels are in the bedroom, I guess its a poor coax connection, could be on front or backside of a jack plate or one of the barrel connectors.
    Maybe an outer strand of coax shield shorting out the center conductor at a connector.

Maybe GD assembly connected a cable to the wrong one or wall jack also.

Stephen@147s Solitude S-class with some arrows for normal signal flow in and out of the jacks and booster plate.
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post285259
    This may give a general idea of how your rig is wired.

The 2 TV/FM booster in Steven's diagram should only have one built in splitter that feeds the 2 TV output jacks on it.

Pict of AntennaTek 3 TV/FM booster circuit board with two ferrite splitters.

Name:	AntennaTek 3TV-FM PCB.jpg 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	37126

Splitters, 2 Out and 3 Out

Name:	Splitters 2 Way, 3 Way.jpg 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	37127
    Did I see my login name mentioned? LOL's
    since I went through our RV and tightened all the F connectors back in 2019, the OTA antenna and if we connect to campground cable all work fine in the living area and the bedroom. We added to our system a couple ROKU PRO's, wife is happy she can watch her stuff in the bedroom and I can watch different stuff in the living room.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steven how did you get access to those connectors? I went from the basement of my 295RL and certainly can’t access everything. My entertainment center is on the curbside slide so I’m scratching my head wondering if I’m gonna have to hire a midget.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_av8r View Post
    Steven how did you get access to those connectors? I went from the basement of my 295RL and certainly can’t access everything. My entertainment center is on the curbside slide so I’m scratching my head wondering if I’m gonna have to hire a midget.
    With our RV I removed the storage compartment wall to get to those connectors spliters. Once I removed the wall and set it aside it was easy to get access to the spliters and tighten all the F connectors and follow the coax wires. In the living room TV I removed the Jensen stereo to get inside the cabinet and access to the connectors spliters and amp.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Steve I am going to compare our floor plans to get an ideal what I may end up having to do.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123