User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering5thwheelers View Post
    as we’ve tried in the past to use the diesel fueling stations, but we found that nozzle was bigger than the tank filler. We’ve never been able to use them in Canada.
    I'm not sure about how the Diesel pumps are set up in Canada. I know in the US the diesel pump nozzle is larger than a gasoline pump nozzle (so you cannot pump diesel into a gasoline engine). The Diesel nozzle at a truck stop is usually even larger. On my truck (Ford F-350) some nozzles will just barely fit, if you can wiggle it in just right.
    Be cautious, I have had one gallon pumped in just over 3 seconds! They are designed to fill large tanks. I usually set it on the slow or medium setting to keep things under control.
    Rob
    Rob & Kathy
    2019 F350 CCSB SRW, w/Demco Autoslide.
    2019 Solitude 310GK.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainman327 View Post
    I think I'll fit right in. I'm about as courteous as it get's. A pet peeve of mine is people who dawdle. every minute wasted is a mile lost.

While it might seem like a wasted minute to you it could be a lifesaver of a minute for the person that you perceive to be dawdling.... hopefully you'll remember that and your "peeve" will go away, lol.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For fuel, like D2Reid said, get the EFS fuel card and a Flying J/Pilot Rewards. If you have GoodSam, get $0.08 off diesel at Flying J/Pilot. Both EFS and Pilot have apps for the phone to help find truck stops. I start looking when about 150 miles to empty so I can plan my stop versus where I'm going versus needing a potty break.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    While it might seem like a wasted minute to you it could be a lifesaver of a minute for the person that you perceive to be dawdling.... hopefully you'll remember that and your "peeve" will go away, lol.
    I was using the term dawdling to avoid being direct and say inconsiderate. I was referring to the people that fuel and leave the pump to go inside and order food, use the restroom, buy lottery tickets, get groceries, etc. Not the ones messing around their vehicles. I do a safety check every time I refuel and I don't do is while the pump is running. That's not dawdling. While I'm fueling and doing my checks my wife will be emptying all the trash from the vehicle. Although some of that can appear as dawdling, it's not. I'm talking about the people that think the pump is a good place to park.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123